Chapter 16 | Reasons

"If there is place called home, then is this it?"

~•~

"You shit! Why did you do that?" Fist slamming at the table while the others scoffed in disbelief.

This bastards had the idea of peeking us. They heard everything including me and Win's fight. Now here I am getting nagged at.

"It's a simple argument between us. Don't overreact" I defended myself from them. More complains and soft punches landed on my body.

"No you don't understand Bright! He cried! It's a rare thing for him to do!" Toptap said getting more irritated at me. I nodded along and walked faster leaving them behind. My head suddenly hurts and a few sweats started to form on my head.

"I'm sorry darling, I won't do it again. I won't make you cry again. I promise"

A voice swayed through my ears and an image of past played on my mind. It was a memory of them again. It was a promise of The general to not make the bride cry.

I silently cussed at myself for making another mistake again. I oath to myself not to mess things up but here I am.

I flinched when a strong hand was instantly placed on my shoulder. Strong reflexes ran through my body and I quickly swayed it away.

To my surprise, no one was there. I again cussed myself and to him. He's playing with me again. That darn general.

Suddenly, Images of Win crying flashed through my mind and it's not his past self but him the present him. Guilty conscience building up in me, quickly turning around and ran towards the place where we fought

Questions and self blame started to form on my mind. How can be so stupid? Shouting to him when I can just talk my way through. I immediately arrived to see if Win is still there. As expected he is not.

"Shit! Where are you now. I'm sorry" Guilt completely conquering my mental state. This is not even his feelings anymore it's mine. Dropping to the floor, hands gripping my hair tight.

Strong wind blew making the dried leaves scatter and shake. As the winds blew past through me loud whispers came as well.

"He's there go forward"

What is it telling me. Is it guiding me to Win?

"Danger... Danger"

Danger? Win is in danger? No this can't happen. My legs seems like it has a mind of it's own. I quickly ran towards the given direction.

I stopped at the football field but found nothing, not even an inch of his figure is seen. I sighed out of frustration, Did I hear it wrong. What is happening?

"Bright, What are you doing here?" A voice behind me asked. My heart started to beat fast and a generous amount of adrenaline rushing through my veins. I rapidly turned around and finally saw him.

Win

Grabbing him to my arms and placing him to my embrace. My eyes started to blur and wet, sighing in relief. I do not care on what people think anymore. I flinched a little as I received a tight hug from him.

"I'm glad you're okay. I'm so sorry" I utter shakily tighten my grasp but not really squeezing him to death. Of course, I won't do that. Never ever.

His soft hand crawled to my head and started to pat. Whether is it a comfort for me or not it's relaxing and peaceful for me.

"Bright, Can you please let go. I can't breathe" He said and tapped my back rapidly. I immediately let go, We laughed at little because of my own silliness.

"What happened to you? Running over the place" Win exclaimed giggling in between his words, he seems calm. Is he not mad at me? After all I said to him.

Nervousness started to gain inside me. Placing my hands onto my back, clearing my throat at the process.

My words are just on the tip of my tongue but can't bring myself to speak. Guilt and conscience really messed me up can't even say the word sorry.

Win noticed my uneasy demeanor, marching forward and tapping my shoulder for comfort. "Hey what's wrong? You seem nervous."

Heart beating fast and shivers through my body, face feeling hot and flustered. I again cleared my throat and straighten my back.

"It's nothing. I actually want to apologize to you" He stopped and retreat his hand from my shoulder. His expression turning to a confused one, probably not getting on what I meant.

A few moments passed, his faced dropped, stepping backwards and avoiding my eyes. My eyes widen at his sudden moves, Is it too late?

Before he gets away any further, I immediately grabbed his wrist stopping him. I expected for him to shook it away and get mad at me but it was the opposite.

Streams of tears rolled through his smooth face, his hands, body and legs shaking. Using his wrist, I settled him to my embrace making his sobs louder.

"Bright, I'm sorry" He said in between his cries. Hushing and tighten my embrace comforting him. He should not apologize as this is my fault.

"Don't be Win, I'm the one who's at fault" Whispering to his ears. My hands rubbing his back in a gentle manner. Releasing him from me, I cupped his face with my two hands using the thumbs to wipe away those tears.

"Why are you crying? Did something bad happened?" I asked again. Scanning throughly his body a line of red mark was visible on his neck. Eyes widen and a rush of boiling blood through the veins.

Hands roaming through Win's body searching for more flipping his sleeves only to reveal more of those red marks some still have blood in them.

"What are you doing? Stop it" Win nervously utter, trying his best to shake his arms off but it's too late. I already seen them all.

"Who did this to you? Tell me who" Anger visible on my tone now feeling my boiling point. Trying my best to stay calm not bursting out.

"It's nothing haha. I just scratched it somewhere" He nervously laughed. I crossed my arms and sighed in disbelief. It's already obvious, Why is he lying?

"Win, I was not born yesterday to not realized. Tell me who" Persisting him to tell the truth. This is not right. I promised myself not to get him hurt. I promised.

Win's expression changed into a sad one. Something really happened. Biting his lips to hold him from crying but failed miserably. As he dropped to his knees and cried. Pulling him again gently to my grasp, putting his head close to my chest. There must be a reason for this.

I'm going to find you.