Chapter 15 | Differences

"They always leave me so why are you doing the same"

~•~

"Stop moving. It's too distracting" Bright complained and lightly shook my shoulders. We are now on the way towards the university together.

Last night, We mutually agreed to stop the spread of the rumors and gossips as it has been too chaotic and uncomfortable for us. We also asked help with our other friends to stop and maintain the topic before it reaches to unexpected and undesirable areas for a student to go.

"I can't find my charger. My phone is about to die" I complained back and bended my body to search.

"Why would you not charge your phone last night? You really are stupid aren't you?" He utter teasingly. I hit him with the rolled paper making him laugh.

"That's not nice you little piece of shit" I cussed and hit him again. This is not the time my phone is about to die! My lectures and announcements are there. I can't miss something out.

I turned to look at the back to double check but found nothing. I sulked and returned to my seat repositioning myself. A low chuckle was heard from my side.

Infront of me was a white charger- It's mine! I quickly grabbed it from his hands and shove it to my bag. Making the other person laugh again.

"Wow. Not even a thank you was heard" Sarcasm on his tone placing his right hand to his lips covering his amused smirk.

"Fine. Thank you very much" Rolling my eyes while saying it. I grabbed once again my charger ang plug it in. I was about to turn it off when a loud notification was heard. A message from Dew.

It was a message for me or should I say us to come quickly. Panic and anxiety started to build up. I signaled Bright to drive faster which he already got and did.

We arrived in a hurry running fast to the pace where he wants us to meet. The stares of people is unbearable but I'm not stupid to not know that it was for me.

Whispers of people wherever we go became too uncomfortable for me but Bright doesn't seem to mind. A hand was slowly wrapping my own. I looked at him surprised but he just smiled and continued to drag me to the building.

We finally arrived at the room. Our friends are there with my brother Mick. They seem worried and at the same time irritated.

I shook of my hand to free it from his grasp but failed as he grip it tighter. I was about to smack it when Top spoke.

"Win, It's an emergency" He said eagerly tapping his pen to the desk. "The rumor from yesterday was gone but a new one appeared"

I looked at him confused. A new one? What did that has to do with me. Did someone saw us?

"The rumor that you heard yesterday is still here and it's connected with the new one and it's about uhm" Dew continue but was hesitant to say the last words. Mick tap his shoulder to continue but instead he sulked and tap Guy instead.

Guy didn't budge as he keeps removing Dew's hands. After a few moments he sighed and smack Dew finally giving in.

"Fine I'll do it, You dickheads! Win, The rumor is about you cheating with Bright and also cheating your way in the university" He explained sat again.

Eyes widen by the sudden revelation. Why would I cheat to begin with?! And it's with Bright?! Who could do this type of thing.

My body gave up letting me sit on the nearby chair. Mick and Toptap went over me to check but too focused to care.

My eyes went to Bright. He didn't moved an inch, his left hand was under his chin and the right is still holding mine. I blushed at the sight.

This is not the time Win!

After a few consults by the others. Bright sighed and sat besides me his hand not letting go.

"To think that people really want to drag Win down is amusing. This is not something to brush away, We need to fix this fast" He utter and looked at me. He smiled as if telling me everything is alright.

"We will get to the bottom of this! Don't worry P'!" Mick said enthusiastically he then grabbed his laptop and went away.

I sighed heavily, I promised myself not to get into trouble yet here I am. I shook my occupied hand and used it to cover my face.

"We actually have a lead here. The rumor started after Bright helped Win. It was considered unreasonable at first but many people started believing it anyway" Dew said all of the sudden.

If that is the reason then it has to be connected to the people that fantasies Bright, A idea of mine clicked.

"Bright, Let's talk privately. Shall we?" I asked him politely. He nodded and followed me to the outside not too far away.

"What is it?" He asked leaning his figure at wall behind.

"You have alot of admirers, If the rumor of us together spread then someone must have plotted this." I utter. If my conclusion is right then I don't know what to say anymore.

"Yes I do and? Don't tell me you're going to blame me on this" Bright said frustration building up on his tone.

"I'm not blaming you in fact I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just asking all of this connects with you. It's only a what if" Defending myself. Bright must have misunderstood me and I don't want that.

"Then what do you want me to do? Tell them to stop? I can do that but I can't stop their feelings for me Win. Maybe those who are kind enough would do but what about those who are crazy?" He explained trying his best not to burst.

"Then I'll help you, After all this rumor is tied with me not you." My words made him a confused look. He marched towards me pointing himself.

"So are you telling me I'm not also tied here? I'm affected too by this shitty rumor!" His voice suddenly going louder. Blood boiling through my veins. Is he really that closed minded?!

"That's why I said I will help you! What part of that didn't you understand?!" I slightly shouted. His blazing eyes focusing on me.

"Don't even bother! What are you going to do? Shout at them to stop? Out of all of us.' His finger pointing at me "You! Are on the hot seat not me!" Emphasizing the 'You' part. He heavily sighed and walking away a few inches away.

I stood still not saying anything. Am I wrong? Do I really need to stay still and not help?

My vision getting blurry and wet. No, this is not the right time. I sniffed and rubbed my eyes using my sleeve.

"Please Win, I don't want anything bad to happen to you." His last words before leaving me behind giving me space. As his footsteps got quite hot tears left my eyes heart tightening in the process.

Everything really has differences