Chapter 27 | Veil and Thorns

"You are my person. Someone who will be by me until the end"

~•~

"Wake up!" A loud high pitched scream echoed the dusty room. Fast footsteps rumbled the floor as countless of droplets of water pooled the wooden floor.

"Bring that brat to the hall" The same voice ordered the waiting servants. The tall and fair woman soon dismissed herself out of the room accompanied by maids side by side.

It wasn't long until the poorly awoken person was dragged to a chair facing an old mirror. Touch up there, Suit that up and drag it here. Yet besides all this aggressive actions he still hasn't gained his senses.

"Young Master Metawin, Please wake up. The Madam is angry at you." A old woman's voice pleaded. Win sat properly after hearing his dear 'grandmother' plead. Win couldn't bear hearing her be sad even though they're not related she still took care of him after his mother passed.

Win looked at his grandmother and smiled. He then focused himself on the mirror and prepared himself. It wasn't long until a knock was heard signaling him that he was called.

He got up on his seat and walked carefully on his way to the hall. Metawin couldn't help but think why he was called especially from his mother, It was rather a odd occasion but he can't deny that he was excited. The thought of him helping his family excites him.

He entered the lavish hall where his father, mother and his siblings are. On the center dines his father, a elite noble, governs partial on the country and very influencial. His mother on the other hand, a daughter of the same rank. Win looked at both sides where his siblings are, his lazy older brother on the right and his over-reacting perfectionist sister on the left.

"Young Master Metawin has arrived my lord" The servant that guided Win announced, as she leaves the center alongside the others who had prepared Win. Win bowed at his parents and stayed at the center of the hall.

Lord Opas-iamkajorn coughed loudly bringing the attention of everyone in the room.

"Metawin, Stay there, I have something to say to you" The old man utter looking at his son dearly. He gestured his servant which they obeyed. Soon the servant brought a elegant scroll to the lord and repositioned.

Lord Opas-iamkajorn cleared his throat and opened the scroll, His wife sitting herself with glee as if anticipating this moment to arrive.

"I will not say nonsense any further" The lord of the house started. "The Opas-iamkajorn household will present a maiden to the Chivaaree household. There the chosen maiden will be wed" He finished dropping the scroll he slowly gazed up to his son and continued. "And the person that will be wed is you, Metawin"

Win's heart sank to the floor. He thought if he has a chance to be deaf then he will take it but that's clearly impossible. He fought the verge to stand up and fight for himself but he couldn't, he can't

"Who would have thought that this lowborn will get married before me" His sister talked loudly specifically hitting Win. His brother on the other hand laughed alongside his wives.

"Don't be so bothered Metawin. I heard that your soon to be husband is a catch though he might be broken over here" His mother said pointing her finger on her head joining her children's ride of mocking Win.

Win sat there in silence. He couldn't protest nor fight them. He was only an offspring of a affair of the Lord and a lowly maid. His fingers gripped the fabric of his attire wrinkling it.