Chapter 21 | Answers

"In the given time. The answers that you seek will come out"

~•~

"Find him for me. This is urgent" A monotone voice demanded the one over the line. Continuingly tapping the stirring wheel while eyeing the surroundings. I silently waited Win on the car as he requested to go back the university.

"Are you sure Bright? He seems innocent" Mike questioned clearly doubting my actions. I hummed and ended the call, I released a heavy sigh. Whether my actions are right or wrong, I can't let this opportunity to slide.

The words from the old man kept repeating endlessly on my mind. Hinting me for the next move that I should do.

"You can't end this if you don't find his vessel. You already found the bride but not the groom. You have to realize the situation first"

"Oi Bright! Open the door!" A hazy voice took me back to reality. I sided my head on the window to only see Win knocking and calling for me. He finally came back.

I rolled the window down as I unlocked the car. He was carrying three boxes full of papers. Win eyed me signalling me to help him. He took one box and went to his side as I did the same.

"What took you so long?" I asked him as we both got in, He huff and laughed. Did I say something funny?

"It's chaotic but I'm the one who should be asking that" Win said tilting his head while waiting for me to talk. A lump on my throat started to form. Words on the tip of my tongue but can't seem to say them.

"It's nothing, Don't ask" Nervousness on my tone. Quickly starting the engine to drive off. My peripheral vision sensing up, I saw how Win's facial expression change. He slowly reached his hand out placing it on my shoulder. My eyes following his every move.

"What are you doing? I'm driving" I steady my sight on the road trying to ignore his touch.

"You seem unwell Bright. Are you sick? Do you want to switch places?" Win asked worriedly. His grip soften as if comforting.

I forced myself to smile trying hard not to look obvious, hoping he'll buy it. Win went stiff and hesitated to let go but did so, He shifted his body and looked out the window. Now I feel very bad.

"Win, Don't worry I'm fine really and if ever I don't. You're the first person that I will go" I said to him but to he didn't move. The awkward silence between us was getting stronger.

Win scoff breaking the silence. He slowly faced me and directly looked at me that took me off guard. "I just don't want to always depend on you. For once, I want you to depend to me if possible" He said nervously. Win quickly looked back the window as if nothing ever happened.

A chuckle left my lips. I couldn't help but feel flattered at him. If that is whatt he wants then it's fine for me. I felt my heart beat fast.

"That is very unexpected words from you, Metawin, but if that is what will keep you satisfied then I'll do that" I smiled at him. My unoccupied hand crawled towards his intertwining it together with mine. Win hid his face using his palms, hiding his now red face.

"I think you're the one who's sick. Look at you! You're red!" I teased him. His palm slapping my shoulder in defense but quickly returning to his previous position. I felt myself laughing loudly.

"Stop that, Focus on the road!" He yelled still not removing his hands out of his face. Chuckling at his current state, I refocused on the road ahead of us to drive off safely.