Chapter 28 | Lotus and Swords

"Until I see you again..."

~•~

Screams of agony echoed the lavish palace. As cries of regret and some begging was heard as well. Yet on the center of the seemingly throne room stands the general Vachirawit forcefully letting his sharp sword bear on his prey's body.

The man who killed countless of innocent lives and the headache of the country have finally perished. The blade was slowly drawn out of the lifeless body, the blood dripping slowly to the cold ground.

"It's over" Vachirawit whispered to the wind. The war that he has battled for a long time is over. Sighs of relief he has released. His comrades soon entered the facility rejoicing for the victorious war.

It wasn't long when they went back to their base. Some aided to the wounded and some celebrated the victory. Jumpol climbed to his horse and rode fast to deliver the great news to the capital.

Vachirawit let his body crash to his make shift bed not having the time to change. How long has it been since he last sleep peacefully? He doesn't remember but as long as everyone is safe then all is well. Closing his eyes, He went off to his desirable sleep.

Hours have passed, He opened his eyes after his deep slumber. Noises of laughter and joy went through his tent. He recklessly stood up knocking the items on his nightstand.

"Shit" Vachirawit hissed bending over to the broken vase containing white roses. He mentally punished himself- It was the roses Metawin gave before he left yet he dropped it carelessly. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" He apologized repeatedly, setting the flowers aside and picking the broken pieces.

"Sir, The king's guards are waiting for you" A lower soldier said swaying the fabric of tent away, bringing the attention of his upper rank. Vachirawit repositioned himself and dismissed the soldier accepting the sudden invitation.

Vachirawit marched outside seeing only a few of the guards. Curious yet he didn't dare speak. The celebration seem to have stopped when all of his comrades brought to their attention. He saluted to the guards waiting for their purpose of arrival.

"General Vachirawit Chivaaree, You are under arrest for suspected treason" The leader announced as his right hand man showed an official warrant from the palace. Vachirawit stood still not reacting at his arrest thinking that someone has framed him.

"Hang on a sec, You are arresting him? Nonsense! He and only him have slain this country's enemies yet here you are arresting him" A sober soldier defended the others have agreed on his statement. Vachirawit's battalion started to complain all at once making the king's guard rather annoyed.

"I shall repeat myself. General Vachirawit Chivaaree is arrested for suspected treason. You have the right to remain silent" The bulky man repeated, He waved his hand signalling his comrades to arrest their prisoner. Cold cuffs have bind Vachirawit's hand together yet he didn't refuse. "Wait I want to talk to someone first" He finally spoke

Vachirawit walked slowly to the soldier that defended him leaning himself to his ear. "Once Jumpol has arrived, Tell him to prepare my legal documentation. Let this be private and Never, I repeat Never let the Opas-iamkajorn's know" He whispered clearly bringing himself to stand firmly smiling to his comrade "Also tell him to bring me my lotus" He continued before returning to the guards.

The ride back to the capital was long ang bumpy. The guards didn't bring him any attention as if he wanted in the first place. Vachirawit leaned his head on the cold stone wall, he was in a cold dungeon waiting for his trial tomorrow. He mentally sighed bringing the already dried rose to his chest.