Chapter 26 | Mistakes

"If feels just like a dream but too realistic"

~•~

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" Low and tired whispers was released. As my exhausted body fell on the cold floor. A heavy heart clenching tight.

The sound of thunder and pity sobs are the only sounds that echoed throughout. As the memories of Win sweep through my mind like a hurricane certainly not helping with this heavy feeling.

"I will always be by your side"

"Bright! Come here! Look at you all mighty as ever"

"Bright, I love you"

"I'm so so sorry" I plead again. Gripping hard on my clothes- Win's clothes to be exact. His scent lingering strong, It's suffocating but I can't take it off. Never.

Constant buzzing has toke me away from my thoughts. Having no strength to stand up, I crawled towards my bed side table and grabbed my noisy phone.

It was a call from Mike.

I breathe out heavily trying my best to calm myself and not sound sad. I slides to accept the call and brought it to my left ear.

"Hey! What took you so long?!" Mike screamed but it's not like he's angry. His scream made my head throb.

"What is it?" In a usual calm tone avoiding myself to crack. I sniffed and sat properly on the cold floor.

"I don't know if this is good news or bad news to you but it's about Drake" He said nervously. I screw my eyes shut preparing for his news. "Go on" I assured

"Drake, He's" Mike cut off hesitantly "Bright, Drake is dead" He continued and went silent after telling me. Shooting my eyes open in shock. Drake is dead? How?

"How did that happened? I literally saw him a few hours ago" I said loudly. It's true that I saw him, He also ran and disappeared quickly like how he showed up.

"Police are investigating but underground dogs are saying He got killed by some sketchy organization he got indebted with. It's best if we don't meddle any further Bright" Mike advised. He said his goodbyes and dropped the phone.

"Killed. By those guys earlier?" I suspected. My mind showing me the things I witnessed and our argument but just like Mike said it's best if I don't meddle.

"What's wrong Vachirawit? Don't tell me that even this, You are going to steal it away from me?" 

"You stole everything away from me. Honor and Dignity! Everything!"

Drake's last words with me reached through my ears. Honor and Dignity This were the things he was accusing me for stealing. Does he have a grudge against me?

I sighed in disbelief going through my wardrobe changing myself. I grabbed my keys and Win's shirt and went on.

All of this started when I saw that damn Ledger. I will find the truth.

For this to stop.

For us, Win.

I turned my car's engine and went off. Strong wind and bustling leaves greeted me. I walked to my grandparent's gate but without my grandmother welcoming me like before.

The housekeeper rushed to open the gate for me. I greeted and went inside the old house. Grandparents nor my other relatives are here, How wierd.

Soon, I reached the door leading containing the antiques and the ledger. I slowly opened as dust came to my face. I coughed and swayed my hands walking in the room.