12

"Darling! Where have you been?" Candice entered the house with her tons of bags as if she was auditioning for Keeping Up With The Kardashians. "And who is he...?" She pointed at Dylan. Candice lowered his sunglasses and checked Dylan out. That's totally not weird since she is twice his age.

I tried to break free from Ethan's unusual affection to talk. But he didn't let me. I glanced over at Dylan, who understood and nodded.

"Hello! My name is Dylan Chase. I'm actually one of your neighbors in this courtyard. You must be...Ethan's sister?" Dylan cleverly questioned.

"Oh please! I'm not that young!" Candice dropped her bags and waved her hands in flattery.

"I'm wrong? Oh dear. You seem so young looking, I wouldn't think anything but sister." Dylan laughed.

"Why, that's very sweet of you! Thank you. I'm actually Ethan's mother. Pleasure to meet you Dylan!" Candice couldn't stop giggling from the flattery.

"Likewise." Dylan smiled. "The reason I'm here is because of Jasmine. I happen to be at the mall when you guys were there. Right when I was about to approach Jasmine to say my greetings, I noticed she wasn't feeling well. She fainted in the mall, so I tried to help her in the most cost efficient way. Which means we didn't go to the hospital. I brought her home and tried to restore her health. Her phone was dead so no one was able to reach her, nor was she able to call anyone as she was unconscious. Thankfully, she's better now." Dylan sounded like a news reporter, stating everything that has happened while Ethan and Candice was gone.

"Oh deary! I'm so sorry! I can't believe we haven't noticed it. Would you like to go to the hospital?" Candice asked. I'm questioning whether she's being genuine or not.

"No no. There is no need". I struggled to get the words out of my mouth let alone get Ethan off of me. I gave another look at Dylan. My eyes went from him to Ethan to back to him with my furrowed eyebrows.

Dylan nodded and tapped Ethan on the shoulder. "Hey man, can I get a glass of water?"

"Sure!" Ethan let go of me and walked up to the kitchen to grab a glass of water for Dylan. I sighed in relief and glanced over at Dylan to let him know I'm grateful. He flashed a smile, accepting my gratitude. Can he not? His smile is one of my weaknesses. Does he want to exploit me right here and now? Little does he know how he melts me. Ugh, I really shouldn't be fangirling right now. Jasmine, control your hormones!

Ethan got back with the glass of water and handed it to Dylan. He then, along with Candice, sat on the chairs by the dining table.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Jasmine. You honestly didn't have to go all the way to the point of keeping her company here." Candice said with a smile.

Excuse me? Are you saying I don't need any help when I'm injured? How can you say that to someone who just helped me? "Dylan's help is very much appreciated, Candice." I replied with a smile.

"Oh of course! Well can you please excuse me. I had a long day, so I need some rest. Once again, thank you Dylan sweetie." Candice waved goodbye to everyone before retiring to the bedroom. I love how she can give a small damn about me. I'm not even her daughter, so it's whatever. I'm lucky I don't have such a mother. Wait, I shouldn't say that. She's someone's mother. But just very ungrateful.

"Welp. Now that your family is back, I should take my leave. Hope you recover well soon! Thanks for the water Ethan." Dylan got up from his seat and made his way out. As he passed by Ethan, he turned around and flashed a wink towards me. My eyes widened and glanced over at Ethan, making sure he didn't see that. Then I rolled my eyes at his childish act. He is way too happy and overconfident about his three chances.