10

I tiptoed over to the door and peeped out to see who the woman was behind that energetic voice was.

"Elizabeth?" Dylan said in utter confusion.

Elizabeth is one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She has white, milky porcelain skin, beautiful, long blonde hair, height of 5'6, full, blue eyes but not too icy, perfect, pink lips, average assets, and she had on a beautiful white dress with pearls. How can someone look so amazing?

"Don't tell me you completely forgot about the text of my arrival today?" Elizabeth crossed her arms and poured.

"Oh...I'm so sorry. I completely forgot! I came back from a business trip today. I'm a total mess." Dylan explained. He displayed his habit of scratching the back of his head.

"Hm alright. I'll let you get away with it this time." She went back to smiling. Elizabeth tiptoed in her heels and gave Dylan a kiss on the cheek. I felt a small wave of heaviness in me. Am I jealous? Who is that woman by Dylan? Why is she so intimate with him? As much as I want to know more, I don't have time for that. I hastily tiptoed back toward the bed and grabbed my jacket. As I went back to the door, my foot landed on a large glass shard.

"Shit!" I tried to quietly whisper my pain but I think it was louder than I thought.

"What was that?" Elizabeth questioned.

"Oh nothing. Probably some drunkard outside." Dylan tried covering for me.

So, suddenly I became a homeless drunkard. Great. I painfully hurried to the door and entered the bathroom adjacent to the room. I quietly closed the door and sat on top of the toilet whilst covering my mouth to hold in the pain. Why am I even in this mess? I have nothing to be guilty about? I'm just his neighbor. Ugh. I buried my face in my hands.

"Don't you have your own place to stay?" Dylan complained.

"Dee! I want to stay with you for a bit. I missed you!" I rolled my eyes. Her jolly voice annoyed the hell out of me.

I heard their footsteps get louder and louder, along with the sound of something rolling, assuming it's her luggage.

"Dee, did you break something?" She must be pointing out the glass he broke. "Why is their blood on it...?" I was able to tell she is a little freaked out by the sight of blood.

"Where?" Dylan rushed over with a sense of urgency.

"Look! It's on the glass!" She pointed out.

"Oh right...I accidental broke the glass which lead to an injury. Please excuse me." Dylan stated in his calmest voice ever. Suddenly I saw the door knob twist and the door opened ajar. Dylan peeped in and saw that I was looking miserable on top of his toilet. He quietly sighed in relief and entered the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

"What happened? Are you alright?" He whispered.

"I accidentally stepped on the glass. Never better!" I sarcastically remarked. He shot a glare at me. I know it isn't the right time to snap back, so I sat on the seat in silence. "Sorry". I whispered as I sunk in my seat.

Dylan walked over to his vanity and grabbed a white, little box. He walked back to me and kneeled down. "Where is your injury?" He whispered calmly. I was distracted by the fact that he is calm rather than frustrated. "Jasmine"? He looked up to see if I was paying attention.

"Sorry!" I whispered back. I lifted up my left foot very slowly. Dylan glanced at my injury to see how serious it was. I tried to observe with him as well because I have no idea how my injury even looks like. There are two small shards of glass that pierced through my skin around the middle of my foot and a stream or two of dried blood down my foot.