2

"What took you so long on taking out the trash? I'm hungry!" Ethan sulked as his eyes were glued to the tv.

"Sorry. I saw a kitten and interacted with it. Kittens are so cute! Adorable little babies, wanting to be taken care of. I wish we had our own baby..." I sighed as I glanced over towards Ethan to see if he has any reactions.

Of course, absolutely nothing. His eyes are still glued to the screen, in awe.

We have been together for over five years. Isn't it natural to have a family by now? We are married, we live together separate from in-laws, we both make money now, more of a reason to expand our family. We occasionally had talks about kids when we were dating. He would wonder what names our kids should have, what he would want to buy for them, what he would like for them to be when they grow up. He wanted our child or children to have my beautiful hazel eyes and pink lips. He wanted them to have his hair and tall height. It sounded like he planned most of our future out already. However, once we got married, that talk completely stopped. I would bring it up here and there but either he completely ignores it or changes the topic. Then we have our heated moments, he makes sure he doesn't finish in me. He would be extra careful after he both have had our pleasures. It feels like one of us is a minor and the other doesn't want to get arrested by the law.

"Jasmine, food!" Ethan glanced over at me and pouted. That only lasted for a second because he glued his eyes back on the screen.

"Sorry sorry! I'll make something for you right now!" I clasped my face and lightly slapped it a few times to keep myself aware and awake. Having these deep thoughts are kind of useless when no one really listens.

I managed to whip up some magic and serve Ethan one of his favorite dishes, turkey sandwiches.

Without even realizing, the sun invaded our room and disrupted my beauty sleep. I grabbed my phone from the lamp table and read the time, 9:53 AM. As I was about to place my phone back to where I retrieved it, my phone vibrated.

'If you are not here by 10:30 AM, I will personally come pick you up. See you soon!'

Son of a bitch!

I frantically got up from my empty bed and ran to the bathroom. I can't believe this dude who isn't relevant in my life is making me rush my routine! I was brushing my teeth while using the toilet and combing my hair at the same time. Once I was done, I entered my bedroom and grabbed whatever I was able to find in my wardrobe. I can care less if I go to his house with a t-shirt that says 'FuXX You' to his house because he is not my boss anymore. Sadly that wasn't the top I randomly picked out. I put on a white shirt with a sewn in black waist vest and faux leather leggings. I tightened the vest with the strings it came with. I then went to my vanity and put on some eyeliner, lipstick, and deodorant.

"Good enough!" I affirmed myself in the vanity mirror. I stepped out of the bedroom and saw Ethan passed out on the sofa. How many cans of beers did he have?
"Hey honey! I'm stepping out to meet a friend! Will be out till late. Order food if you much. Bye." I was out the door before I got a response out of him.

I ran down the stairs and out the door. Knowing that the neighbors would be having their cup of tea and looking out the window for any new gossip, I took a detour and cut through the front of our buildings. I can't believe I'm feeling this rush and anxiety as a married woman. Why can't someone just visit their neighbors in peace?

I rushed up to Dylan's door and gave his doorbell a few rings. The door opened after the third ring and the man in front of me made his presence seen. He had a bed head, his round Harry Potter-like glasses on, gray t-shirt, and navy blue joggers. The only thing I actually cared about, however, is his newly replaced bandages on his right hand. I let out a small sigh of relief.