6

"You know, you're really not a bad person!" I yelled out from his bedroom. I closed the door and changed into the clothes I came in with to help Dylan out.

"Hm? What makes you think that?" His voice went from faint to loud. He probably was walking towards his bedroom to hear me better.

"I honestly thought you would be some asshole of a fuck-boy who just loves fucking any girl he sees. You got the looks, I'll give you that. Many people have one or the other. Either they got the looks and no brain or common sense or it's the other way around. Seems like you have both!" I let out a laugh as I put on my top.

I heard a click and that made my body jump. I quickly pulled down my top and faced the door. Dylan was standing at the entrance, leaning against the frame with his arm crossed against his chest. He had the 'oh-really?' face with his lips pulled to one side and an eyebrow up.

"Sorry, I went too far didn't I?" I whispered. I think I'm starting to get WAY too comfortable with Dylan. I really should stop myself. He used to be my boss and now he is just some man I'm with when I'm currently married. Correction, not some man, a man who has interest in me and making me very confused.

"We really gotta do something about your apologies!" He chuckled. He stood up properly, walked up to me, and placed his hands on my shoulders. "It's like they are free estate. Stop doing that. You didn't do anything wrong, you were just telling me your first impressions. I'm not your boss anymore."

"I know, but I don't want you to think I'm just saying whatever I want. I don't want to make enemies with my words at the very least". I fixed and adjust my top and my hair. We both exited his bedroom and I made my way to the door. "Thank you for hearing me out. I actually felt a lot better by telling someone how I've felt. I don't really have any friends here so having an ear leant to me felt very nice". I have Dylan a genuine smile to let him know I'm okay.

"My pleasure!" He smiled back.

"I figured I may not be needed anymore because your hand seems to be doing just fine after all the events that has happened today." I crossed my arms.

Dylan's face went from happy to utter defeat. He furrowed his eyebrows and closed his eyes. I felt a small burst of victory in catching him in his act and wanted to jump up in joy.

"I didn't want to play you, I was actually hurt." He started. "But I wanted your company." He sighed out in defeat. His eyes opened and it oozed puppy eyes vibes. I guess it's his way of telling me that he doesn't want me to go.

"Well..." I huffed as I crossed my arms against my chest and looked away. "It worked". Dylan flashed a coy smile. "But I have to get back. I think I've spent my time here long enough. I have a husband to attend..." my voice got quieter towards the end. It's kind of disappointing that Ethan is my husband. Honestly, I wish he was just a man I decided to cohabitate with.

Dylan reached out and pat my head. He did it a couple of times, then slid his hand down to my cheeks. "It will be all right. You've done well so far. I've opened the door to your curiosity, just a small push. Now you can take it from here." He sighed. Dylan dropped his hand, leaving the warmth and allowing a small cold breeze flash by my cheek. Chills entered my face and left with goosebumps. I really did not like that feeling. My eyes trailed Dylan who was feeling dejected and plopped himself on the sofa.

"Wait...that's it?" I was in the state of absolute confusion. "You're going to end it like that?" I could not believe what's going on. He's just going to play with me and leave it at that?

"If none of us makes the effort to stop, then who will?" He sighed once again. "Might as well take the initiative." Dylan turned his face away from me. Usually when someone looks away, they don't mean it. I knew deep, deep down inside, this was a dangerous fort to step into. Dylan is single and ready to mingle. Me, however, is currently married. Not happily, but married. Dylan was the one who made the first move. He was the one who wanted to chase after me. But now he dares to back away? What kind of fucking logic is this?