9

"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside
I've got the month of May
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way

My girl, my girl, my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl
My girl..."

As I finally regain my conscious, I was hit by the intoxicating smell of lavender. That smell is very familiar to me, I wish I can hug it forever. I slowly opened my eyes and realized I was not at the mall anymore. As my eyes looked around to scan the room, it took my brain a little longer than it should to process that I was in Dylan's bedroom. As I raised myself on the bed, my body failed to support me and plopped back down on the bed. My arms are weak and my headache still lingers. Is he playing My Girl by The Temptation? Classic taste.

Dylan entered the bedroom with a tray. "Oh you're up. That's great! I made you some healthy soup, along with a small bowl of Mac and cheese, and a grilled chicken salad. The soup is tomato soup by the way." He says on the side of his bed and rested the tray on my legs. He then helped me up on sitting upright so I'll be able to eat the food he has provided.

"What...happened...?" I asked him.

He avoided eye contact right when I asked that question but then he let out a sigh. "Up to what do you remember of today?" He asked in a stern voice.

"Going to the mall with Candice and Ethan, going shopping, food court, walking around, got lost, and then I met you." I listed what I remembered. I recall getting into an argument with him but let's see if he unfolds that himself.

"Do you recall what happened when you encountered me?" He asked.

I looked down at the food.

"Alright. So I was on a business trip across the globe and was not able to contact you. Surprisingly I was at the mall on the day of my return and saw you shopping with your family. However, you were treated as a mere servant who didn't even get a proper meal. You looked like you were going to collapse so I pulled you aside. You were mad at me for my foolishness and wanted to leave but you fainted. I put you on my back and took you to my car. People did stare but it looked like you were sleeping on me. I didn't want to go through your bag to grab your keys nor did I want the nosy neighbors to gossip about us, so now you're here". He concluded.

A small part of me was content because Dylan didn't lie to me. I guess he didn't want to make any more foolish mistakes. I picked up the spoon and took a bite of his mac and cheese. It was super creamy, the pasta was perfectly cooked, and it all melted on my mouth. I was able to finish it within seconds.

"Thank you...for not lying to me." I whispered. Dylan's eyes widened. But they relaxed right away as he averted his eyes. I'm sure he was surprised but he was looking down in guilt. To my defense, I didn't say anything when he asked me if I recall our encounter. Glad he didn't get defensive. "Now let's continue the train of honesty. Why did you single handedly decide to push me away? It's not that I'm desperate or miserable for you or your attention,  I'm just genuinely curious because you made the first move, messed up my mind, and walked away. I feel like I have the right to know your answer because I've been played." I demanded as I took a sip of the creamy tomato soup. Damn this soup is creamy too! Did he buy this or did he actually make it? Wait, no, he probably have a 5 star Michelin chef as a friend who made this. I am in denial that Dylan made this but I could care less at the moment because I am too busy stuffing my face.

Dylan did not remove his eyes from the floor. He really didn't want to answer the question. But he let out a sigh as he opened his mouth. "I acknowledged that I made a mess. I made a mess of you and your mind. I fancied the fact that I can be comfortable around you, I loved the way you talk, walk, and laugh. I love how you're outspoken around me and help me keep my ground. You're ever so charming that I didn't want to let go regardless of your marital status. However, I remembered there is a limit to everything. I didn't want to push further and torture you. I don't know how you feel, probably hatred at this point. Once you touched me...there, a million thoughts rushed through my head. I really wanted to do you, but what will that make of you? You're married, and I'm sure you don't want another man all up on you. I didn't want to take advantage of you, especially when the feelings aren't mutual. So I had to stop. The business trip helped a bit to keep my mind off of things, but once I saw you again, and that dead best man, I couldn't stop myself." He cupped his face with his hands.