5

"I'm so sorry..." I fell to my knees with my head tilted lower than my own dignity.

Dylan reached over to grab his robe and tied it back up again. He then kneeled down to my level and placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's not your fault. I completely understand how you feel. Now you realized why I slipped you off my lap. Any further, and I wouldn't be able to control myself". He sighed.

I now understand where he was coming from. All these years, Ethan and I had never really became intimate after we lived here. He was always concentrated in work or soccer. I guess it was better then we don't see each other 24/7. Visiting me every summer was his escape. He didn't have to worry about anything. Just take me on dates, eat or play together, drop me off at home, and then leaves. Marrying each other would mean carrying each other baggage, whether it's flaws or emotions. Why did Ethan even marry me when he can't even handle it...

My ears whelmed up in tears. They clouded my vision faster than my brain sending a message to me to stop them. They ran down my cheeks and it took me longer than usual to process what's going on. The tears kept streaming down and multiple droplets flew straight onto the floor. My hair managed to cover most of my face, so Dylan was not able to see my ugly face. But the tears that successfully landed on the floor caught Dylan's attention.

"Oh dear...Jasmine are you okay?" He sounded very concerned. "Did I do something wrong?" He dropped his hand from my shoulder.

I tried gathering all my strength to respond to him. But I couldn't get my voice to come past my throat. All I did was shake my head. My head remained down and my eyes were fixated on the floor.

"Are you alright? Do you want to talk about it?" His voice became quiet.

I couldn't process what he was saying to me. I tried focusing on how to stop these tears. Why am I breaking down now out of all times? Ugh, I'm such a major turn off! Why am I crying now out all times? I've been with Ethan for three years for God's sake. I could've cried any other time, but it just had to be now. I'm a bloody idiot! What will Dylan think of me now. Especially the mistake I just made. I knew I shouldnt have gone further. I thought we were in a good mood. But I had to screw it up.
Suddenly I felt something heavy plop onto my back.

"Here, change into this sweater. I'll be sitting right here. When you come out, we can either talk about it or sit in silence. Whatever you like. Go on and change into something comfortable". I glanced up and saw a comforting smile on Dylan's face. That smile made me feel very warm inside. I felt that radiance and understanding. Why is he so gentle with me? I screwed up. I realized I was looking up with my ugly crying face. I'm just making screw ups after screw ups. Ugh what the fuck is wrong with me. I flashed a small smile, covered my face, grabbed the sweater and ran to the bathroom.

I sniffled my nose and tried to not let any of the snot drip out of my nose. Ugh this is so embarrassing. I walked over to the sink after placing the sweater on the towel rack and watched my face. Luckily I was wearing waterproof make up, or it could've been very ugly. I washed my face a couple of times and tried to refresh myself. I took off the unlucky maids apron and put on the sweater. I glanced myself at the mirror he had in the bathroom. I was right. This sweater covers up to
my knees. My hands are where his elbows are supposed to be. The collar exposes most of my cleavage. This sweater is freaking huge and I'm freaking tiny. Great. I tried to adjust the collar so I don't accidentally have a nip slip in this. Okay, time to get back out there. I breathed in and let out a long, slow sigh as I looked at myself in the mirror. I'm alright. I'm fine. I'm not a screw up. I'm not worried anymore.

I twisted the doorknob very slowly and opened the door. A few steps in, I entered the living room and saw Dylan sitting in front of the balcony doors. The sunlight bursted into the living room, shining bright as ever. I wouldn't be surprised if Dylan started sparkling like Edward Cullen from Twilight. I mean, he is so freaking hot! Okay Jasmine, calm down! You just got out of a mess, no need to get into another mess right away.