🌺~20~🌺 MACHINE

November 10th
11:02 PM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

I hang around the back of the circle, away from the soldiers. I could see the back alley ways and buildings despite it being dark. I'm worried about Connor. I know I shouldn't be. He made his choice. I shiver in the nights cold. Being the only human here, I should be by one of the fires, but I didn't want to scare and androids away from it. I could go through a little discomfort for them, after everything.

"They aren't opening fire for now. I doubt that it will last long though." It's Markus. I turn around to face him properly. "We can do this. We need to hold on just a little while longer." I reassure. I look back out towards the buildings, paranoid something is going to go wrong. "You're shivering. You should come comfort the androids with me." Markus suggests. I laugh. "They don't want to talk to me. Understandably. Besides..." I trail off, looking at a rooftop with perfect access the android camp. A perfect sniper point. "Connor is still out there. He's still after you. And that," I point out the spot, "makes us vulnerable. I'm going to check it out. I'll be back soon."

Markus hugs me lightly. "Be careful." I nod, and cross the barrier. "Of course-"

>CALL HANK FOR BACKUP<

"I've got a partner. He's always got my back. See ya, Markus. Do me a favor, and win." He nods sternly. I start walking towards the building, and make a call. "Hank, I need some backup."

>GO ON YOUR OWN<

"Not. When am I ever?" I laugh, but he doesn't. "You're no fun. Do me a favor, and win." He nods sternly. I start walking to the building, hoping I'm not walking towards what I think I am.

When I get the roof, I see what I feared a would. Connor, his back to me, facing outwardly and settling up a sniper.

>CALLED HANK<

Hank walks up next to me. He gives me a stiff nod and says, "You shouldn't do this, Connor." Connor doesn't turn towards us. "Keep out of this, Lieutenant. It's none of your business!"

"You're gonna kill a man who wants to be free, that is my business!" I snap. "You're gonna kill my brother!" He still refuses to look at us. "It's not a man, it's a machine. You should know that, Detective." He sounds so cold. More like a machine then he did during this entire investigation. And my name...he doesn't use my name. Goddammit, it hurts more then it should. "That's what I thought for a long time but I was wrong. Deviant's blood may be a different color than mine, but they're alive." Hank argues.

"Deviants are a threat to humans. They're the reason this country is on the brink of civil war! They have to be stopped." Connor reasons. "We're in this mess because we refused to listen to deviants! Humanity never learns from its mistakes, Connor! This time, it could be different!" Hank hisses. Now, Connor gives us a side glance over his shoulder. "Step away from the ledge!" I order, drawing my gun on him. Hank follows my action. Connor stands, the sniper still in his hand. He stares us down, his eyes hardened like stone. Connor is gone. This robot is all that's left.

"I know what happened to your son, Hank. It wasn't your fault. A truck skidded on a sheet of ice, and your car rolled over... Little Cole had just turned six..." Connor starts. I send Hank a worried glance. "Shut up! Don't you talk about my son." Hank snaps. "He needed emergency surgery... But no human was available to do it, so an android had to take care of him... Poor Cole didn't make it. An android killed your son, Hank! And now you wanna save them?"