🌺~8~🌺

November 6th
3:02 PM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

After the chase, Hank wanted to go to the Chickens Nest. I'm pretty sure that place is laced with rat poison, but hey, it's food. I decided to sleep a little on the drive over, and I am woken by Connor. Hank has already left the car. "Detective, we have arrived." His voice is enough to wake me, but I pretend to stay asleep just to see what he does. "Detective?" I hear him move from the backseat to touch my shoulder and shake it gently. "Detective, wake up." His voice is calm and soothing like a parent waking their child up from a long car ride. It surprises me. I allow my eyes to flutter open. "Hey Connor. We here?" He nods. "Okay, lets go." I yawn, exiting the car. I wait for Connor, walking across the street with him. "You know, you're surprisingly more adept at dealing with human situations then I would have thought." I praise. "What do you mean?" I chuckle a little at his confused puppy face. "I mean how you woke me up. You could have just slapped me awake, (Four hours later...wAkE uP lIeUtEnAnT) but chose the best approach to be kind about it."

He doesn't respond, seeming to think over my words. I look at where Hank is talking to who I recognize as Pedro. "Hey, hey, hey, Hank! How you doin', man? Hey, listen, I got a shit-hot tip for you. Number five in the third, Lickety-split! That filly's one hell of a chaser. You wanna flutter?" I don't really approve of Hanks gambling connection, but he isn't what I would call addicted, and not really hurting anyone. It was better to not start tension over it. "Last shit-hot tip you gave me set me back a week's wages, Pedro." "Come on, this is different, it's 100% guaranteed. You can't go wrong." "Yeah, right. Alright, I'm in." Hank hands Pedro some money. "Damn straight! Hey! You won't regret this!" Connor watches the scene unfold, looking slightly confused. "What? Never heard of gambling before?" I tease. Hank looks back at us. "What is your problem? Don't you ever do as you're told? Look, you don't have to follow me around like a poodle!" He says to Connor. "Oh, lighten up Hank." I scold.

"I'm sorry for my behavior back at the police station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant." Connor says to Hank. "Oh, wow... You've even got a brown-nosing apology program! Guys at CyberLife thought of everything, huh?" Is Hanks only response, although Connor did get a chuckle out of him. "Wait, why happened at the station?" I question. Hank shrugs at me with a side smirk, and turns back to Gary, the trucks owner. "Here you go." "Ah! Thanks, Gary. I'm starving." "Don't leave that thing here!" Gary yells to Hank as Hank walks over to a table with an umbrella over it. "Huh, not a chance! Follows me everywhere." He calls back. I stifle a laugh as I grab Connors wrist to get his attention. "Connor, can you do me a favor?" He turns to me expectantly. "What can I help you with, Detective?" I point in the opposite direction from Hank. "Can you walk down that way? Just to like...that sign then come back?" He looks down the instructed path then back at me. "Does this pertain to the case?" I shake my head. "No, but it'll be funny to see the confusion in Hanks face."

"How is that humorous?" "Well, you're basically just doing the opposite of what Hank says out of spite." I explain. "Very well. I believe that you could use a reason to smile right now." My mood dampens a bit. "Right...uh..." He's already started a walking down the street, so I just walk over to Hank. He looks at Connor in confusion. "The fuck is he doin?" I shrug, holding back laughs. "Maybe he likes to take strolls." Connor stops, turns around, and rejoins us at the table. Hank has stopped eating by now, giving Connor the most confused and annoyed look I've ever seen on him. I bust out laughing. "Thanks Connor." I say between laughs. Hank shoots me an annoyed look when he realizes it was me. "You're welcome, Detective. A smile looks much better on you." He says causally. I turn bright red, and now Hank huffs out a few laughs.

"Your meal contains 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol level. You shouldn't eat that." Connor says suddenly. Guess he really likes analyzing shit. "Everybody's gotta die of something." Hank shrugs. "Doesn't mean it has to be heart attack." I tease. "Humans need rest and food to turn into energy. Considering your lack of sleep, I'm surprised you're not eating, Detective." Connor says to me. "My hunger comes in at random times." I shrug. Connor seems to not accept this response, because his face is scrunched up in what looks like concern. "I don't think that's a very wise choice. It could inhibit your ability to work the case." I laugh a little. "Right...fine, if it means that much to you, I'll go order some food." I ruffle his hair teasingly a little as I walk up to the counter. He may not be quite human, but I like him. Connor held more then what meets the eye.