🌺~13~🌺

November 7th
1:47 AM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

I watch the snow fall from my window. I love the snow. It's so pretty. And it's calming.

It's makes me think of the only happy memory I have with Leo.

A knock at the door startles me. My heart speeds up nervously as I realize that it's probably Connor. I didn't think he'd actually consider it. I open the door, and sure enough, it's a snow covered Connor. "Hey Connor, come inside." He walks inside hesitantly, like he still hasn't made up his mind about being here. "Did Hank go home?" I question. "...He went drinking..." I sigh. "Typical." Connor seems like he is hiding something. Isn't it strange? He's becoming more human everyday. With every case. "Did something else happen." Connor shakes his head. "The lieutenant was just being the lieutenant." His LED flashes yellow, but I don't press further. "Here, let me take your coat. It's covered in snow." I offer. He allows me to take it, leaving him in the white undershirt. "It's very late. Why were you awake?" Connor questions.

I laugh dryly. "You're one of the few androids I've meet that asks so many questions." He tilts his head. "That isn't an answer." He notes. I chuckle. "Right....uh....I was up thinking. About tomorrow." I tell him. "What's tomorrow." I sigh, sitting on the couch. Connor looks over at me. I put on a warm smile, and I pat the seat next to me. He sits carefully. He's very tense. I find it slightly funny. "Tomorrow is my Dads funeral. He's getting buried. So, uh, if there's a case...don't bug me." I joke half heartedly. "I'm sorry, detective." I look out the window from my seat. "Yeah...thanks I guess."

"(Y/n)?" I turn to him in surprise. Again, using my name. I like it. "Those Tracis said they were in love...what exactly is it?" I blush a little. Why was he asking? "I, Uh, It's ineffable. It can't really be explained. It's just...a feeling. For humans...our palms get sweaty and our heart acting like thunder in our chests. We want to be around them all the time, and make sure their always happy and healthy. Every part of them is something special to you. And yet it's so different for everyone. Love can be for friends, family, pets, or in the case of the Tracis, a romantic partner." It's like he's mulling over my words. Has something gotten to him? Was it the Tracis? I saw Connor tonight. He didn't shoot that girl. He wasn't ever going to. "Thank you for answering." He finally says. I just nod, looking out the window.

"You know Connor...you're a good person. You may think you're just a machine, or only care about the case, but I think you mean well. I think you're more." I don't face him until now. "I guess time will tell, huh?" I don't know if it's a burst of confidence or just sleep deprivation, but I scoot closer to Connor. With my knees up to my chest, my arms wrapped around them, I sit next to Connor, and rest my head on his shoulder. He stiffens, but then relaxes slightly. I don't think he's capable of relaxing. "May I know something? Something that nobody else knows." Somehow I know this is his way of testing how much of a bond he's created with me. I bet he's somehow done the same with Hank. "I....I love the snow. I think it's beautiful. But I also just remember one time when I was a kid. It was just this one time." My eyes remain fixed on the ground in front of me.

"My brother and I didn't really know our Dad until I was 11. He was 16. He paid our mom child support, but wasn't really there. Leo just resented him for not being around, while I just wanted to have a Dad. More then anything. I think maybe that difference could be why he seemed to hate me too. Anyways, there was time in December that he seemed to accept me. To want me as a sister. We were living with Dad at this point, and he was working in his studio. We were bored, so we went outside to play in the snow. There was like, 4 feet of snow. Maybe it just seemed like it since I was so small at the time. We built a snowman, had a snowball fight, and pretended he was doing me a favor by playing. I think that's the only time I truly saw him smile. I thought it would be a turning point, but it wasn't. I miss that Leo."

That memory is something so personal. I never thought I'd share it with anyone. Somehow, Connor makes me think he will understand. Maybe it's because he was programmed that way. Maybe I'm stupid for thinking like that. But right now I couldn't care less. "Do you truly believe that Leo is gone?" I don't answer. I'm too tired for that. I'm not too sure about the answer anyways. I find myself drifting off. I let myself fall asleep on the person next to me. And although I'm practically asleep, I swear I feel him rest his head on mine.