🌺~LED~🌺

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"Connor, you don't need it anymore." I gently coax my android boyfriend. We're standing in my bathroom, he's over the sink with a screwdriver pointed at his LED. The law had finally been passed in Detroit that androids were no longer required to keep them on. A small part of a bigger fight, but a good step nonetheless. It had been a few weeks, and Connor still clung to it. He only ever wore his suit still, minus when in bed. "It'll be okay."

"But if I take it off...am I still me?" He wondered aloud. "Having emotions is confusing." I laugh at him. "I know, but that's part of being human, as is getting rid of this." I tap at the little light. He still hesitates which makes me sigh. "Connor, what makes you think you'll lose you're identity if you remove the LED?" He deflates, seemingly bashful. "I fear...The more human I become, I'll lose what makes me so important. To you, to the station. And-And if I take this out, its like I'm removing it all at once." I immediately turn sympathetic and hug him.

"Oh Connor, no. You'll always be important. With or without the thing you can do as an android, which will never disappear, you are important. You're a valuable detective to our cases, and Hank and I's partner. You're important to me because of how you've grown and how you care and who you are. Not to mention, a key part of the revolution that allowed for the freedom of so many people. You have a face, a voice, you're important. Taking this out is just a symbol. You're not a machine, you're leaving that part behind. You're becoming human, but it's just growth not loss."

He seems to contemplate my words before suddenly ripping the LED out. The metallic sound of it hitting the sink startles me. I didn't except it. Once it's hit me what he's done, I smile at him proudly. He returns the smile, seemingly also proud. He lets out a little laugh, almost like a giggle. "That actually felt good." He hugs and lifts and twirls be despite the small space. Once he sets me down he's kisses me. We're both smiling wide once he's set me down. "Thank you."

"Of course. Next step, getting you into some clothes other then this suit."