🌺~14~🌺

November 7th
10: 42 AM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

I wake up in bed. I guess Connor must have carried me. I blush a little at the thought of him wandering my house to find my room, or even seeing my room for that matter. I yawn, stretch, then actually get up. I go out to the living room to see if Connor stuck around, or had to leave. "Connor?" I look around, but it looks like he's gone. I feel kind of disappointed. Is that silly? I shake the feeling off and get changed. I've got a place to be.

~~~~~

Tears keep flowing from my face. I'm half worried they'll freeze to my face in the cold. I guess now it's truly hitting me. He's gone. Our family is truly broken. I'm alone. Everything is fucked up. The casket has already been placed in the grave. Technically now is when I should leave, but I'm glued in place. There so much I want to say and yet I have no words. I open my mouth to try. "I-....I know all you wanted was... for me and Leo to get along...but I don't think that can happen. I'm sorry. It's just far too much now. God, I'm in way over my head, Dad. I don't know what to do without you. I..." I don't know what else to say. "I'm going to miss you so much." I end with that. I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around. It's Connor and Hank. I sigh in frustration.

"Connor, I told you not to bug me with case today." I remind. "We're not here about a case, kid." Hank explains. Tears spring to my eyes again. "Thank you." I say quietly. The pair ends up on each of my sides. Hank puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. I was wrong. I'm not alone. It's just a different kind of family. I wipe my eyes after what seems like an eternity of sitting in silence. "I'm ready to go." I say. We a nod from Hank we turn around and start walking towards the entrance. And who should I see walking into the cemetery? Leo. He catches my eye, but he doesn't glare or scowl or spit. No, he just looks saddened. However, I don't want to see him. My face contorts into some unholy storm of anger. He sees this, and ducks us. He shouldn't even be allowed here if you ask me.

Connor walks ahead of Hank and I a little as we head towards our cars. "So was this your idea?" I question Hank quietly so as to have a private question. "Ehh, as much as I want to take credit...it was Connor. He came to me talking about how you guys were talking last night and that there was no one to be here with you today. He cares about you, kid. If you ask with me...he's changing like all the rest of them. I just don't know if that a good or bad thing yet." I look at Connor who's watching some birds with mild curiosity. I smile softly. "I think it's great...Thank for being here, Hank. It means a lot." He pulls me into a side hug with a small smile. "Of course, kid." He goes over to his car, leaving me to talk to Connor. "Hey...Hank told me it was your idea." I tell him. "He did? Well, I thought it might be important to have others with you today. Maybe humans would find these kinds of occurrences lonely or saddening."

"Yeah..." I rush into his arms into a tight hug. "You use big words, but I know what you mean. Thank you, Connor. You're a good friend." I say, smiling up at him. "Friend?" I nod. "Yes, you idiot. We're friends. Only friends do stuff like that for each other. I'll see you tomorrow, Connor." I go to my car, sending him a final wave before I get in.