🌺~9~🌺

November 6th
3:39 PM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

"Hey Connor! You ran outta batteries or what?" Hank calls back to Connor who's still in the elevator. "I'm sorry, I was making a report to CyberLife." He insists. I head on forward a bit in the dingy hallway. "What do we know about this guy?" I ask when they catch up. "Not much. Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody's supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding a LED under his cap." Connor reports. "Oh Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops. Hey, were you really making a report back there in the elevator? Just by closing your eyes?" Hank asks.

"Correct."

"Shit... Wish I could do that..."

"That would make things a lot easier." I add in. At the door, Connor knocks loudly. "Anybody home?" There isn't a response, so Connor knocks again. "Open up! Detroit Police!" There's a loud thud from inside, causing me and Hank to draw our guns. "Stay behind me." Hank orders. "Got it."

Hank kicks down the first door into a small hall. There's a door in front of us, and one to the left. He starts with the one on the left, but it goes nowhere, so he kicks the door in front. The sudden entrance causing a commotion from a whole bunch of fucking pigeons. "What the fuck is this?! Jesus, this place stinks... Uh, looks like we came for nothin', our man's gone..." Hank says. I look at all the pigeons, covering the entirety of the floor. "Oh gross! The smell is suffocating." I gag. Connor, clearly unaffected, walks around to investigate the place for evidence of an android. He goes over to a poster, and rips it off. He pulls out a small notebook. "Found something?" Hank asks. I walk over the pigeons to look at it over Connors shoulder. "I don't know... It looks like a notebook but it's...indecipherable." It looks like those maze things in kids menus at restaurants made from weird symbols.

"Real books... I thought I was the last guy in Detroit to keep some... Electronic books you can't...smell the paper...see the pages turning yellow...you have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?" Hank says from the book shelf. "I hope your not talking to me, Hank. All my books are genuine paper." I defend. "My dad didn't like digital books either." I admit. We end up finding a jacket with the initials R.T., a fake drivers license, an LED in the sink, and rA9 written very very very many times in the bathroom wall.  "Birdseed... I can't believe it. This nutjob was actually feeding these fuckers." Hank says holding up the box. "Well, everyone's got their thing, ya know?" I say. "Right, Connor...Connor?" I look back to see Connor standing on a chair, reaching up into an opening in the ceiling. Suddenly, a figure jumps down, startling the pigeons so much they get in mine and Hanks way. "God damn fuckin' pigeons! What are you waiting for?! Chase it!" Hank yells. Connor sprints after the android.

After recovering from the coughing fit from the feathers, Hank and I chase down the two androids as well. I'm a little faster then Hank, but no where near as fast of the two we're pursuing. I catch up just enough to see the two jump onto a moving fucking train! "Holy shit!" Hank says from behind me. I see a route from the rooftops that would cut them off, so after signaling Hank, we take that route. I get onto the roof before Hank, but at the same time as the suspect. "Stop, Detroit Police!" I order, holding my gun up. He attacks. Being much stronger, he is able to disarm me quickly. I grapple with him for a moment, trying to gain an advantage, but he pushes me over the ledge of the roof. I scream as I grab onto the side. "Oh fucking shit!" I look down at the ground that feel like it's 100ft below me. I don't like heights. I try to pull myself up, but am too freaked out, my breathing uneven. Connor appears over the edge, and grabs my forearm. Me being stunned from fear, Connor mostly pulls me up on his own.

Once back to safety on the roof, I grip onto Connor tightly. He is on his knees, holding me in his arms as I use him to ground myself, my head on his chest. His embrace feels nicer then it should. I don't notice Hank until he talks. "Shit! Oh SHIT! We had it! Fuck!" He curses. "It's my fault, I should have been faster." Connor insists. "You'd have caught it if it weren't for me..." I say shakily. "That's alright. We know what it looks like. We'll find it..." Hank reassures. "Sorry Connor." I mumble, knowing that this investigation is important to him. "It's alright, (Y/n). I'm glad you're alright." I notice that this is the first time he has used my name when addressing me. Connor helps me up to my feet. "I'm gonna...get back to ground level." I'm shaken up. I need to be on the ground. This really isn't what I needed right now. And as I'm walking away, I can't help but want to be back in his arms.

[Connor P.O.V.]

When I saw (Y/n) get pushed over the ledge, something unpleasant shot through me. I barely thought about my actions, just reacted. I let the deviant go. I ran for her. She was frightened. I let her hold onto me.

Now, (Y/n) leaves me with Hank. I can feel software discrepancies within me. I didn't catch the deviant, but I think I made the right choice. And if I am being perfectly honest with myself...I liked having her so close to me. I could smell the pleasant scent of her shampoo from her soft hair when her head was resting on my chest. I missed it. And that isn't a good thing. My software needed to remain stable. The Lieutenant starts to follow after the detective. He stops, and turns to me. "Hey, Connor..." He starts, but changes his mind. "Nothing." There was good out of this. Both the Detective and Lieutenant appreciate my assistance.