🌺~7~🌺

November 6th
10:21 AM

:Hank P.O.V:

I knock heavily on the door at (Y/n)'s apartment. I know she's gotta be here. I was worried when she didn't show, before me of all people, but considering what happened last night, I get it. "Kid, you in there?" There isn't even a noise. "Perhaps she isn't home? We should really just get to the scene, and leave a message for the detective." Connor suggests. That thing is pissing me off. "Jesus, don't you have any clue about this shit?" Connor just looks confused, so I just knock again. "(Y/n), we got a case. We don't have much time." I call. This time footsteps can be heard from inside. The door flings open and a frazzled looking (Y/n) stands before us. Hair sticks out in every fucking direction, giant bags under her eyes, and she's half changed. "Fucking hell, kid! You sleep last night?" She looks at us for a moment in confusion, then shakes her head in recognition. "Huh? Oh, um, no. I know I'm late. Let me just finish changing. Come in."

[Connor P.O.V.]

The detective let us into the small apartment. It is apparent that her distress is causing side effects that resemble Hanks mannerisms. I note this as a clue for Hanks behavior. "Sorry, I'll move quickly." She recedes into a back room that I assume to be either a bathroom or bedroom. I suspect I will find more personal items in her apartment, but I have to watch how obvious I am with the Lieutenant here. The living room is small with a couch, a side table with a lamp a television on a stand, and a wall sized bookshelf with paper books. The side table also has a photo on it. It's a picture of her in youth with her father and brother. Her brother and her appear to be fighting while their father smiles right at the camera. I figure my suspicions were right, and that she is not close with her brother. From the living room you can see into the kitchen by an opening to make the counter an island. On the island there are scattered papers and a half empty bottle of alcohol.

I scan the papers to find them all to be funeral related. They must be for her deceased father. I have a strange sense of something I can't quite place. "I suspect the detective was awake all night. And drinking." I share with the Lieutenant. "You wouldn't understand." Is his only response. The detective rejoins us. "Sorry, sorry, let's go." The Lieutenant seems eager to question her about the state of her appearance, but thankfully waits for questions so we can get to the scene. "Thank you. Let's go." I say politely.

{Y/n P.O.V.}

At the crime scene, fighting to stay awake without coffee, I go with Connor to this abandoned house that the suspect was seen at. "This place is freaking creepy." I mutter. "Do not be afraid. I am here to make sure the investigation runs smoothly." I feel myself turn a little pink at his words. Even though it's not what he meant, it still feels like he's saying he'll protect me. We walk up to the door, and Connor knocks for reasons unanswered to me. "Anybody home?" There isn't a reply, so we walk in. I keep my hand on my holstered gun just in case. Inside we only find one nervous looking android, the side of his face scarred and ripped away. The poor thing looks scared out of his mind. Connor speaks to him. "I'm looking for an AX400. Have you seen it?"

He violently shakes his head, and speaks in a fidgety manner. I assume something was damaged when he was assaulted. "Ralph's seen nobody." I look around the room while Connor asks him questions. I look for clues of other occupants, but I don't seem to find any besides the fire. Do android need heat? "Are there any other androids here?" Connor asks. "Other androids? No..Ralph is alone..." Ralph denies. I can tell Ralph is really scared. His LED is red and he fidgets like a nervous person. "Don't be afraid. I'm not gonna hurt you." Connor says. I decide to jump on this. "Ralph was it?" He nods. "Okay, Ralph. Can you tell me how you got scratched up?" Before he can respond Connor butts in, making me glare at him. "There's blue blood on the fence. I know another android was here." He seems insistent on figuring this out. "Ralph scratched himself coming through... That's Ralph's blood..."

"Is that what happened to your face?" I question as Connor searches the squat. "No...Ralph was hurt by bad humans." I'm not all that surprised, but I feel bad for him. Part of me just want to give him a hug. Although, I'm probably the main cause of his fear. "Okay, Ralph, I want to reassure you that-" I stop myself. Connor is in the room. I want to tell him that not all people are bad, and that we won't hurt him, but decide to reword. "That you have nothing to worry about with us. We'll be out of here soon." I promise. Connor goes over to a small closest like section under the stairs. I go over to him to check it out as he opens the door. It's a female and android and a child. Ralph jumps on Connors back. "RUN! QUICK! KARA!" The two girls rush out of the house. I grab Ralph, making him yell as I pull him off Connor. "Go Connor!" I order. He looks like he's conflicted for a moment before rushing off.

Ralph doesn't really fight me at this point. "I'm sorry, Ralph." I say sympathetically. I follow Connor out the door. I see him sprinting down the sidewalk after the two females, other cops behind them. "Shit!" I yell whilst joining the chase. A thrilling part of any case. "Which way did it go?" I hear a Connor yell from the corner ahead of me. The cop points down an alley. "That way - they're headed for the train station!" I force my legs to move faster to catch up with Connor. He gets to a chain fence where the pair is climbing over. A cop aims a gun at the adult. "Don't shoot! We need it alive!" Connor orders. The pair runs from the other side of the fence to the fast moving traffic of the highway. I reach Connor a moment before Hank. "Oh fuck, that's insane..." Hank exclaims.

Connor starts to climb over, but I grab his shoulder. "What do you think you're doing?" I yell. "I can't let them get away." Connor protests. "They won't! They'll never make it to the other side." Hank reasons. I frown a little at that sentence, knowing he's probably right, that these androids would take death over capture. "I can't take that chance." Connor tries to climb over again, but Hank grabs him this time. "Hey, you will get yourself killed! Do NOT go after 'em, Connor, that's an order!" Hank yells. And with that Connor stops protesting. I can see his LED flash yellow in conflicting information. I feel like he needs comforting. Is that weird? I give him a side hug. "Thank you Connor." His face has a light blue dust to it, which makes me smile at the adorable sight. I return my gaze to the pair as they successfully cross the highway, releasing a sigh of relief. Things could have been a lot worse.