🌺~5~🌺

November 6th
3:34 AM

\Markus P.O.V./

I finally climb out of the landfill teeming with other android bodies. I remove the LED marking my slavery from my head. I stand with newfound purpose. I can't be who anyone tells me to be... Carl... I walk away, grabbing an old coat for slight cover on the way. I consider going to find (Y/n), but I'm afraid. Will she resent me? Would she blame me? Be angry that Carl's last words were to me? But to many other questions in concern for her won. Is she okay? Was she hurt? How did she deal with Leo? It's 3:36 in the morning. I'd have to find her quickly before sunrise. I'm not focused on anything other then getting to (Y/n)'s apartment despite the heavy rain.

{Y/n P.O.V.}

I had gotten home around one. But I didn't go to sleep. Now it's almost four in the morning. Not like I could sleep anyways. I was planning stuff out for Dad for awhile, but now I'm just lying in bed. Tears flow off my cheeks, soaking the pillow. I hear a knock at my door. I'm inclined to ignore it at first, but then it repeats, mor urgent. "Goddammit Connor, if that's you..." I growl as I open the door. I stop as I see who it is. "Markus?" He nods, looking quite jumpy. "I-I...I'm losing my mind aren't I?" I laugh humorlessly. "I saw you get shot!" His eyes dart around the hallways. "Please (Y/n), it's really me. May I come in?" I open door wider for him. He enters. Once I've closed the door, I wrap him in a desperate hug, sobbing again. "Goddammit!" I curse. "Are you okay?" He asks me.

"Am I okay? Markus, you were shot and clawed out through god knows what to get here." I point out, noting his now blue eye. "Where are you gonna go? You can stay here with me. You can pretend to be my cousin or something!" I ramble, tryin to solve the problem. "Hold on, you were right." He interjects. "Huh?" I tilt my head. "You're right. I want something. I want equality. I have to leave and find Jericho. It's a place for androids. I had to make sure you were okay first." He explains. I nod slowly, letting it sink in. Now that he's here, I don't want to let go. He's family. The only family I have anymore. "I understand, Markus." I say quietly. "But be careful. You're more of a brother to me then Leo ever was. You're the family I have left. I can't lose you again." I explain sternly. "You're family to me too. But for this cause...I can't guarantee anything." Silent tears fall as I realize he's right.

"I know. But remember if you need help, I'm here. Watch you're back Markus. There's an android deviant hunter working with me and Hank. We're supposed to be catching deviants." I warn. His eyes widen. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come. You could get arrested by not turning me in." He say hurriedly. "For this, Markus, it would be worth it. The androids are going to need someone like you. Strong leaders with a mind for what's right. I'm trusting you to make the right choices. Good luck." We exchange one more quick hug before he's off. I watch him leave the building from the window with a grin face. A dark though comes to me, and I know two things for certain. Im not going back to bed. And a storm is coming.