🌺~4~🌺

November 6th
12:46 AM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

I watch whilst leaning on the wall Hank try to interrogate the young looking android. I'm picking off the skin around my nails. A bad habit of mine. "Why d'you kill him? What happened before you took that knife? How long were ya in the attic?" Hank doesn't get any response. I don't want to be here. I really just want to go home and crawl into bed. Maybe sleep. Maybe never wake up. Maybe wake up and it's all a nightmare. I couldn't care less honestly. "Why didn't you even try to run away?" I can tell Hank is getting frustrated. He waits a moment before raising his voice. "Say something, goddamnit!" Still nothing. "Fuck it, I'm outta here." Hank joins us in the observation room. "We're wastin' our time interrogating a machine, we're gettin' nothing out of it!" He says angrily.

"Could always try roughing it up a little. After all, it's not human." Gavin taunts. Gavin Reed, the precincts resident asshole. I don't think I could hate him more if he set kittens on fire. There's only one person in he entire world I hate more. "Androids don't feel pain. You would only damage it and that wouldn't make it talk. Deviants also have a tendency to self-destruct when they're in stressful situations." Connor speaks knowingly. "Okay, smartass. What should we do then?" Gavin argues. "I could try questioning it." Connor suggests. Slightly more interested, I get his attention. "You think you could do it?" I ask. He nods. "Are you really gonna let this plastic toy in there? What if it does something?" Gavin interjects. "I don't have the brain cells for your bullshit." I say, rubbing my temple. "What do we have to lose? Go ahead, suspect's all yours." Hank decides. Connor walks in the interrogation room, standing a moment to, I assume, analyze the deviant. He looks at us through the mirror before sitting in front of the suspect.

"I detect an instability in your program. It can trigger an unpleasant feeling, like fear in humans." Nothing. "You recognize him? It's Carlos Ortiz. Stabbed, 28 times. That was written on the wall in his blood." Nada. "You're damaged. Did your owner do that? Did he beat you?" Zilch. "Listen, I know you've been through a lot, but you need to help me understand what happened." It's amazing how genuine Connor sounds right now. Did he really feel for the android or was it in his program? If it is, it's almost eerie. Most androids look, sounds, seem human, but most don't quite hold the feeling. Not until now at least. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just need to ask you some questions, so we can understand what happened." Nope. "You don't seem to understand the situation. You killed a human. They'll tear you apart if you don't say something. If you won't talk, I'm going to have to probe your memory." Connor threatens.

"NO! No, please don't do that!" I perk up, standing up straight now. "I'm here to help you. But you've got to trust me. All I want is to get you out of here." Connor says. I feel like it's not true. I saw Connor in that attic. If he wanted this android to be safe, he wouldn't have told Hank. "What... What are they gonna do to me? They're gonna destroy me, aren't they?" The deviant asks. "They're going to disassemble you to look for problems in your biocomponents. They have no choice if they want to understand what happened." Connor replies. Would the truth really help right now? "Why did you tell them you found me ? Why couldn't you just have left me there? That lady cop was going to help." My eyes widen slightly. I turn my gaze away, but can feel the burning stares boring into me. "The fuck does it mean?" Gavin asks. I don't look him in the eye.

"Just leave it, Reed. It's been a long ass day." I say calmly. "What did you even do today? Paperwork. Long day my ass." He growls. My head snaps up. I rush up to him, shoving him lightly, just enough to make him stumble. "You don't know the first thing about my day, so why don't you shut the fuck up. You think this asshole shtick of yours makes you look cool or edgy or something? Guess what it just makes you look like a dumbass prick, so why don't you do us all a favor and figure out how far you can shove you head up your ass." I've stunned him into silence. It isn't often where I full on snap at people. I hear a snicker and see Hank looking at the scene. "What?" I ask defensively. He shakes his head, and returns his gaze to the interrogation. With a stormy expression, I go up to the mirror. I try to follow, having missed a bit of the questioning.