🌺~1~🌺

Another story?!? That probably you're question if this isn't the first book of mine you've read. Well yes, I know I'm crazy, but I have too many ideas. I'm in over my head, hence the name ;) Anyways, please enjoy.

November 5th
9:58 AM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

"Alarm deactivated. Welcome home, (Y/n)." The female robotic voice says. I smile softly, whispering a 'thank you' out of habit. Entering the foyer, I first notice the singing android birds. I don't understand why people get pets if they don't want to take care of them, which is all the android counterparts are for. But they're beautiful nonetheless. I hear the unmistakable voice of my father's android, Markus. "Yes, there's the opening of your retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art. The gallery director left four messages asking to confirm your attendance." Markus is a special model made just for my father by Kamski himself. I can tell that that Kamski gave him more...freedom shall I say...then others. Between that and my fathers influence, Markus was practically just another human whether he saw it or not. Dad loves him, I love him, my brother, not so much.

"I haven't decided yet. We'll see about that later." Markus helps Dad onto the machine to get him and his wheelchair down the stairs. They haven't noticed me yet. Although, I notice Markus' torn clothes. "What else?" "Just your usual fan mail. I've already answered." I always wonder if Markus is lying to him to spare his feelings. My father didn't get much mail nowadays as far as I knew. "Any news from Leo?" I scowl at the mention of my brother. He and I never had a good relationship. He hated my guts no matter what I did to try and gain his approval. I suppose I'll always just be his annoying, brat, little sister. But I don't take his shit anymore. I'm an adult, working my way up in a career of law enforcement and he's a lowlife addict. "No, Carl. I can call him if you like?" Markus suggests. "No. No, don't bother." They reach the bottom of the stairs, and they notice me. I smile.

"Hi Dad, Markus. I thought I'd come visit before work. I brought you some breakfast pastries from that cafe you like. I know your doctor would disapprove, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him, right?" I joke, holding up the bag. "Ah (Y/n). You spoil me." I walk over, kissing his cheek. "Only the best for the best." My father and I always had a much closer relationship. While Leo thought his advice and guidance were nothing but a pile of shit, I hung onto his every word. My father was my hero as a kid. Still is in some ways. Sometimes I could understand Leo's outlook considering our father wasn't apart of our lives for a long time. And me being younger, I just wanted my father around while Leo grew bitter. Then again, Leo is a douche. I look over Markus as he wheels Dad to the table. "What happened to your clothes?" I question interrogativly. "Just some protestors. It's no problem, I'm fine." He insists. I frown. "They're lucky I wasn't there to rough them up a bit." I say. Markus tries to hide it, as he always did when he showed emotion, but I saw the small, unmistakable smile on his face. Markus left for the kitchen, taking the pastries with him to plate them.

"How've you been?" I ask Dad. "About as well as an old man could be. It helps to see my daughter though." He pats my hand. "How's work? And Hank?" He asks. I chuckle a little. Ah yes... Lieutenant Hank Anderson. My partner despite me just being a detective. When I worked with him for the first time, it seemed like a dream come true. A little old detective working with a highly decorated Lieutenant? Crazy. Then as I learned how irritable and frustrating the man is, I realized it was just because no one else wanted to work with him. At first, Hank was harsh and cold, surprise surprise, and but eventually he warmed up to me after I got fed up with his shit and snapped at him. He even smiles every once in awhile. "Still a drunk madman, but who would be if he wasn't?" I joke. Markus comes back, placing the food in front of my father.

"Thank you, Markus. Television." Dad calls, making the TV turn on. "Why don't you two find something to do while I finish my breakfast?" He suggests. I merely nod. "Sure. Okay, Carl." Markus says. We move a small way away. "What would you like to do, (Y/n)?" He asks. "Ohhh no, Markus. I get to do what I want all the time. This is about what you want to do." I elbow him slightly. He scans over the room as if weighing his option. I suppose he probably is. "I think the piano sounds nice." He decides. "Then I'd love to hear you play." I encourage. He sits down and plays a sweet melody. Dad finishes eating, and wheels over. "Something has changed in the way you play. Sometimes I think you have more humanity than most humans." He notes. Markus stops, making me clap a little for him. "He's right, you know. Being human isn't a physical thing. Working in the area I do...well let's just say I prefer your company over that of many many flesh humans." I state. Markus doesn't respond, but holds a small smile of pride.