🌺~10~🌺

November 6th
7:51 PM

[Connor P.O.V.]

I'm back in the garden while holding an umbrella. It's raining. I find Amanda nearby. "Hello Amanda." I greet politely. "Connor, I've been expecting you. Would you mind a little walk?" I hold out the umbrella for her to stand under as well. "That deviant seemed to be an intriguing case. A pity you didn't manage to capture it." He voice hold a certain threat to it. "Deviants are completely irrational, which makes it difficult to anticipate their behavior, but I should have been more effective." I admit. "Did you manage to learn anything?" I recall the evidence at the apartment. "I found its diary, but it was encrypted. It may take weeks to decipher." Amanda nods, taking in the information. "What else? "The walls of the apartment were covered with drawings of labyrinths and other symbols. Like the other deviants, it seemed obsessed with rA9."

"How is your relationship with the Lieutenant and Detective developing?" I detect a slight software instability at the mention of my human partners. "The Detective has become more open with me. And the Lieutenant seemed grateful that I saved Detective Manfred's life on the roof. He didn't say anything, but he expressed it in his own way... I detect the two have a close bond that I am managing to see into." I find my work in the relationship with them to be quite excellent. "We don't have much time. Deviancy continues to spread. It's only a matter of time before the media finds out about it. We need to stop this, whatever it takes." Amanda reminds. "I will solve this investigation, Amanda. I won't disappoint you." I promise. "A new case just came in. Find Anderson and Manfred and investigate it."

{Y/n P.O.V.}

I sit on my couch with a coffee in my hand. I need the caffeine. I'm embarrassed about the rooftop. If I didn't let him get the best of me, if I could have pulled myself up, we'd have caught it. I just really don't like heights. And tomorrow...well I have to bury my father alone. We don't have any other family, Leo is currently god knows where since he was released when Dads official cause of death was heart attack, not that I'd have let him around anyway, and Markus... A knock breaks me out of my thoughts. "Detective Manfred? Are you home?" I'm slightly disappointed that he went back to calling me detective. I set down my hot drink, and open the door. "Connor, what are you doing here?" I ask tiredly but still friendly. "There's a new case at the Eden Club we've been assigned to. We need to get the lieutenant next."

"Crime doesn't stop for the tired, I suppose. Let's go." I say. We walk down to the road to get a taxi in silence. Once in the taxi, I turn to him. "Hey Connor, I never got to thank you for helping me in the roof. If it weren't for me, you'd have caught him for sure. So thank you, and I'm sorry." I say to him. "It is alright Detective. We can still solve this case without the deviant. You are a valuable asset to the case." I find myself not knowing how to take that. On one hand I'm valuable, but on the other I'm just an asset. Everything is so back and forth with Connor. I just wish I knew where I stood with him. "I don't like heights." I admit after a long pause. I see his LED flash yellow for less then a second as he processes this information. "I could sense your elevated heart rate and state of shock. I guess that would be the cause." I huff out a laugh. "Don't you know how to speak like a normal person?" He spares me a glance as if debating an answer. He decides to remain quiet.

"You have reached your destination. Thank you for travelling with Detroit Taxis. We look forward to seeing you again soon." The taxi system speaks. We go into the nights rain up to Hanks door. "Lieutenant Anderson? Anybody home?" Connor calls as he knocks on the door. There's isn't a response, so I try the doorbell. Still nothing. I don't like this. "Connor, lets find a new way in." I instruct. We travel over to the side over the house to a window the allows us to see the kitchen. Hank is unconscious on the ground. "Hank!" I call, concerned. "Back up, Detective." I allow Connor to take lead. He breaks the window, and tumbles very ungracefully, much to my dismay, through the opening. I follow Connor, much more carefully. Connor is on the ground, a growling Sumo in front of him. "Easy!.. Sumo... I'm your friend, see?.. I know your name... I'm here to save your owner." Connor tells him. How does he know Sumos name?