🌺~15~🌺

November 8th
4:06 PM

{Y/n P.O.V.}

Connor plays with some sort of coin as we ride in the elevator of the Stratford Tower. Some androids broke in and sent out a worldwide broadcast. Despite the fact that the android in the video removed his skin, I could tell it was Markus. I know his voice. I know his eyes. But I can't say anything. I just hope I don't get caught for obstruction of justice. Connor looks troubled. Like someone's words have effected him deeply and he doesn't know what to make of it. The coin seems to be some sort of nervous tick. "You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor." Hank growls. "Sorry, Lieutenant." I'm tired, but not as much as before. "79th floor." The elevator announces. We find Chris once we get off. "Hi, Hank, (Y/n)." There are people crawling all over. "Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told me about it?" Hank asks.

"Yeah, it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in. Even the FBI wants a piece of the action." Chris explains. I inwardly groan. The Feds always act so high and mighty. "Ah Christ, now we got the Feds on our back. I knew this was gonna be a shitty day... So what do we got?" Hank sighs. "A group of four androids. They knew the building, and they were very well organized. I'm still trying to figure out how they got this far without being noticed. They probably thought the androids were coming to do maintenance. They got taken down before they could react. One of the station employees managed to get away. He's in shock, not sure when we'll be able to talk to him." Chris briefs. "How many people were working here?" I question.

"Just two employees and three androids. The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcast their message live. They made their getaway from the roof."

"The roof?"

"Yeah, they jumped with parachutes. We're still trying to figure out where they landed, but the weather's not helping. If you want to take a look at the video broadcast by the deviants, it's on that screen over there." A man walks up to us. He looks to be in his thirties or forties. "Oh Lieutenant, Detective, this is Special Agent Perkins from the FBI. Lieutenant Anderson and Detective Manfred is in charge of investigating for Detroit police." Chris introduces. "What's that?" Perkins immediately asks. I feel the need to defend Connor, but he speaks first. "My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife." His voice is strained politeness. "Androids investigating androids, huh? You sure you want an android hanging around? After everything that happened... Whatever, the FBI will take over the investigation, you'll soon be off the case." Frustration bubbles up in me.

"Pleasure meeting you. Have a nice day." I say as politely as possible. "And you watch your step. Don't fuck up my crime scene." He calls to us as he backs away. I grind my teeth. "What a fuckin' prick!" Hank says. "You can say that again." My hands are on my hips and feel all fired up. Other cops refer to this as my 'charging state' where I'm about ready to slap a bitch. "I'll be nearby. If you need anything, just ask." Chris says, clearly disconcerted. "Uh, let's have a look around..." Hank decides. "Right, Ok." I mumble. I go over to the panel, replaying the message. They just want human right. Is that really too much to ask. I look on at the screen sadly. "Think that's rA9?" Hank asks, walking up behind me. "Deviants say rA9 will set them free. This android seems to have that objective." Connor points out. "D'you see something?" Hank asks Connor. I make a small sharp intake of breath, nervous that Connor will know who it is.

"I identified its model and serial number." Connor says. "Anything else I should know?" Hank asks. Connor looks at the screen, then me. His LED is yellow. "No. Nothing." He's lying. He had to have scanned my photos with Markus. He has to know it's Markus. Markus is the only model of his kind. What was he protecting? I was curious, but I couldn't ask and accidentally give away vital information. I move onto the security cameras. "They didn't break in?" I question, seeing as the group walks right in. "No, no sign of forced entry." Chris replies. "There are cameras in the hallway. The staff would have seen what was happening. Why did they let them in?" I quiz. "Maybe they didn't check the cameras." Hank suggests. "We stored the station androids in the kitchen. There's no evidence that they were involved but we didn't know what else to do with them." Chris informs us. Connor takes this information, and goes into the kitchen.