🌺 ~Nightmare~ 🌺

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I wake up to the sound of mechanical beeping. I've been around that sound enough to know it means hospital. I struggle to open my eyes, the world seemingly too bright, but when I do I can see that I'm in the bed. Oh yeah, there was a chase. Suspect turned a corner and caught me off guard with a bat. The next thing I noticed is a soft hand in mine. It's Connor, who's tears are flowing past his closed eyes.

"Connor? I'm up. Wake up." I shake him a little, not that it's necessary. He wakes instantly, and looks distraught. "You okay?" I ask. "I'm the one who should be asking that. You have a severe concussion."

"I've had worse." I remind. "Remember the news station? How high I was on drugs? This is kind of funny if you think about it." He doesn't look even a little amused, and it makes me feel a little awkward. "Did he get away?" He shakes his head. "Good. What's wrong then?" He wipes his eyes. "I had...a dream." He admits hesitantly. It's a very recent development that androids have been reporting having 'dream-like sleep states' as it's being called. This is the first time Connor has mentioned having one, and it clearly wasn't good. "You got..."

"Hurt? Connor, I'm fine. I promise. I get hurt all the time, I recover, I bounce back. You've gotten hurt, so has Hank, so has everyone. It's part of being on the job."

"You weren't just hurt on the job, you were killed." He says, his voice laced with frustration. "I don't know what I would do with myself if something happened to you, (Y/n). And I realized how much more...fragile you are than me. You age, your vital body parts aren't so easily replaced, you get sick."

"Connor, stop."

"I don't want to live without you, I don't want to see that reality. You have to be more careful, please."

"Connor!"

He quits rambling, but his muscles are tensed. "You're panicking over something we have no control of. Take some deep breaths, center yourself. We can't know if or when or what will happen. So just cherish the time you know you have. Right now and right here, we're together." I clasp his hands tightly in mine. "No matter what, you will age without me. Are you sure you want to be with something that cannot live that life with you?" He asks softly. "Connor, I want to be with someone that still looks at me the way you do now when I'm no longer young and beautiful." 

"You'll always be beautiful to me, (Y/n)." I smile. "Then I see no issues. Whatever the consequence, we will face it together. This job is hard, it's dangerous. But we both know neither of us will give it up. I worry about you too, but we're both smart, strong, and capable. We have someone to come back to, and to fight for. I won't let death get me that easily." I assure. He nods thoughtfully, then kisses my temple softly. "I will never give up on you, so long as I shall live."