🌺~Dog~🌺

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"We should get a dog." Connor says, disrupting the calm morning. I chuckle. "No." I tell him. "Why not?" I look up at him, seeing as my head is resting on his chest. He's pouting. "Connor, we've been over this." I remind. "I know, but we both like dogs, and I'm sure we can train it to behave-" I cut him off. "We work all the time, so it'll always be alone. And I don't want a dog possibly ruining anything around here." It turned out my father left the estate for me and Leo to decide on. He let me have it without complaint since I was closer, kinder, more attentive to Dad. I'm glad we can finally agree on something. Connor and I have been living here for a little while now, and I haven't changed much. Just the room we sleep in, which was originally a spare room.

"I suspect you are too precious with the things in the house." I sit up in the bed, glaring down at him. "What's that supposed to mean?" His face immediately looks regretful, but he doesn't let up. "I only mean that they are just items. Anything irreplaceable can be kept out of the dogs reach." He argues, sitting up as well. "Look, your new to this sort of thing, but it's like this. Sentimental value. If I were to die tomorrow, what would you do with this ring I always wear?" He thinks for a moment. "I think I see your point. I would like to keep it in pristine condition."

"Exactly. I know you love dogs a lot, but the condition of this house is important to me. I love dogs too, but they aren't known for keeping this that way." I remind. "I understand. But do you think maybe one day we'd get a dog?" He continues. I laugh a little, leaning us both back down to our previous position. "Maybe. Maybe like...a small corgi?" Connor kisses the top of my head. "Fine by me."