🌺~21~🌺 EPILOGUE

>DEVIANT<

>(Y/n) IS ALIVE<

"Come on, Connor." I giggle softly to him. "I don't understand. Shouldn't we be with the others? Isn't it dangerous to leave the group?" Connor frets as we walk down the barren and snowy streets. I shake my head, but don't stop walking. "Just trust me." We walk hand in hand, just happy to have each other, be in each other's presence. I kick at the snow, skip a little, smile at Connor. "You seem excited." I disagree. "No, I'm just happy. It's a beautiful morning, Connor." I stop and face him, "And, we won. We're free, the androids are free, we can be together as the first android human couple. And we're going to go on, and catch all the bad guys. The past week has been a blur of pain and fear but now...now the future is bright." He smiles lovingly. I love his smile, his bright eyes. All of it.

"I like it when you're happy." He admits. I kiss him, slow and sweet. We finally have time for such a kiss. When we break I say, "You make me happy." We continue walking, and before long, we've reached my destination. The Chickens Feed. And in front of it? Hank stands, looking out into the streets. He turns when he hears us approach, the snow a perfect indicator. He smiles. I smile back. Silently, he walks over and wraps us both in a tight hug. Thank god everything worked out.

>(Y/n) IS DEAD<

Connor walked to the Chicken Feed to meet Hank. He needed Hank to know everything. His deviancy, (Y/n)'s teaming up with the androids. Her death. Hank needed to know first. Connors footsteps alerted Hank of someone's approach. He looked back. When he saw it was Connor, saw his eyes were no longer hardened by machine ideology, he smiled. Hank didn't speak as he walked over, and pulled Connor into a hug. Connor immediately broke down, hugged him back and started crying. Hank didn't need to be told. He knew she was gone. That's the only reason Connor would be like this. Silent tears left Hanks eyes as he pulled Connor tighter against him.

"Hank, she-"

"Shut up, Connor." Hank muttered softly, calmly. It held no malice, just a simple request. And Connor did. They silently agreed (Y/n) was gone too soon. They both needed her, albeit in different ways, and in the moment, though the world of androids were rejoicing, the world seemed so dark.

>MACHINE<

>SHOT MARKUS<

>(Y/n) IS DEAD<

Hank, who'd suffered enough in this damn world, was the one who planned how to put his dead partner into the ground. (Y/n)'s body wasn't found until three days after the androids freedom demonstration was concluded, and they'd lost. Everyone assume she'd jumped herself. No one could say for sure what happened that night. "(Y/n)...(Y/n) might have been the last good thing I had on gods green earth." (Y/n) wasn't alone. No, she left the world with plenty of grievers behind her. Hank, Markus, Leo, half the precinct, hell even Gavin showed up to say goodbye.

The last one to leave was Leo. He thought he'd get a chance to make things right, and now he never would. And he could only blame himself. He wondered, if he had gotten right the first time, if things would be different. He pulled a picture out of his wallet. It was the same one Connor had found in (Y/n)'s home only days earlier. The one where the siblings were fighting. Leo kissed it, then crumpled it in his fist. He'd lost his family because he couldn't control himself. "I'm sorry. This is my fault."

>HANK IS DEAD<

I knock on the door nervously. Why am I nervous? Hell, I shouldn't be nervous. This is correct address I was given. I've lost my family, and in Dads honor, I wanted to try and fix what I have left. The door opens, and Leo opens it. He does, after a few days, look better. Clean shaven, healthy. It's a start, and it's going to take a hell of a lot more, but it's something. He looks surprised. "(Y/n)...I saw everything about the androids on the news. An-And I knew the thing, er, Markus, was important to you, so I'm sorry-" I start crying unexpectedly in his doorway. He looks flustered and unsure of himself, and awkwardly hugs me, I don't hug him back, or lean into it, but I don't pull away either. "Leo, they're gone. They're all gone. Where did I go wrong? He killed them, I loved him and he killed them." He doesn't say anything. How could he? How does anyone respond to that?