🌺~18~🌺

November 9th
9:43 PM

[Connor P.O.V.]

I've arrived at Jericho. This is it. I'm finally going to accomplish my mission. And yet I feel no pride. Only emptiness. I have regrets. That I never confronted (Y/n), or told her about last night. There was no time. And besides, she was mysteriously gone when I had gotten out of the evidence room. I find a flight of stairs and head towards it. A deviant grabs my arms "You're lost. You're looking for something... You're looking for yourself." It's glitched voice says. I don't reply, but it spooks me a little. I continue on, finding my way to the captains cabin. I stealthily peek inside to see Markus talking to another android. I wait in the shadows until it's gone. "Well done, Connor. You succeeded in locating Jericho and finding their leader. Now deal with Markus. We need it alive." I hear Amanda voice in my head. I sigh, and hesitate. Is this really it? Is this what I'm going to do? I pull out my gun. "I've been ordered to take you alive, but I won't hesitate to shoot if you give me no choice." I call authoritatively to it, walking inside.

\Markus P.O.V./

I turn to see him. The deviant hunter. I remember (Y/n)'s warning if him. I suppose I should have expected this sooner or later. All I can hope now is that (Y/n) did everything she can to let him become one of us. I approach carefully. "What are you doing? You are one of us. You can't betray your own people. He points the gun out a little more. "Don't force me to neutralize you." I'm getting on his nerves. "You're nothing to them. You're just a tool they use to do their dirty work. But you're more than that. We are all more than that. You're Connor, aren't you? That famous deviant hunter. Well, congratulations. You seem to have found what you were looking for...(Y/n) told me about you." I hope to catch him off guard. And it's successful. "How? When?" I don't answer, just taking a step closer. "Stay back or I'll shoot!" He warns. He won't do it.

"Do you never have any doubts? You've never done something irrational, as if there's something inside you? Something more than your program. Have you never wondered who you really are? Whether you're just a machine executing a program or a living being... Capable of reason. I think the time has come for you to ask yourself that question. I know (Y/n). She has a way of changing us for the better. I know she tried to help you find your way...Now it's time to decide."

[Connor P.O.V.]

I think of everything Amanda taught me. Everything (Y/n) and Hank taught me. It was all laid out before me. The biggest choice I'd ever make. He's right, it's time for me to decide how I go on now.

>BECOME DEVIANT<

It's like I can see a wall, a barrier between these worlds. I rush it, I want it gone. I want to be rid of the walls that have held me captive for so long, the one's signifying Amanda's control, the one's stopping me from getting to (Y/n). I will no longer be a puppet, I will no longer be controlled. I will experience laughter, and happiness, and comfort. I will feel, I will be free, I will love. I will live.

I lower the gun. I've betrayed CyberLife and Amanda, but I've never felt so good. I am alive. I quickly remember something. The FBI. "They're going to attack Jericho..." I tell him. "What?" I loud crashing sound resonates through the entire ships. "We have to get outta here!" I yell over the noise. "Shit!" We both make a break for the corridors to get everyone to escape. We meet up a female android. "They're coming from all sides! Our people are trapped in the hold, they're gonna be slaughtered!" It- she yells over the noise of chaos. I can't believe I had a hand in this. "Where's Simon? A-and Josh?" Markus asks. "I don't know, we got separated." She answers. "We have to blow up Jericho. If the ship goes down, they'll evacuate and our people can escape!"

"You'll never make it! The explosives are all the way down in the hold, there are soldiers everywhere!" She protests. "She's right! They know who you are. They'll do anything to get you!" I interject. "Go and help the others. I'll join you later." Markus orders. "Markus..."

"I won't be long." I grab the female android, and we run. I follow her through the unfamiliar territory. We eventually meet up with two other androids, and a little while later, Markus again. We keep running, so close to an exit when the girl is shot. "North!" Markus calls. Grabbing a piece of metal, he uses it as a shield against the bullets. He helps her up, a rejoins the group. We finally make it to the exit and jump as the explosives go off behind us. Despite the narrow escape causing my nerves to skyrocket, I can only wonder where (Y/n) is.

>REMAIN A MACHINE<

I keep the gun held up. I can't let myself be tempted. Not by anything...or anyone. I push it all aside. I have a mission fo complete. "Nice try... But I'm no deviant." A booming sound crashes through the ship. The FBI has arrived to neutralize the androids. "Shit..." Markus mutters. He runs past me, leaving me to have to chase. I follow into a corridor where soldiers points guns at me. "Don't move!" They orders. "Don't shoot. I'm on your side." "With us? Are you a human?" I lie to optimize my opportunity to find Markus. "Obviously! What do I look like? DPD. I work with Lieutenant Hank Anderson. We're on a stakeout. If I knew you were coming I would have brought some donuts." They lower their guns. "You're a lucky guy. Another second and I'd have shot you. You should go back up on deck and let us do our job." He says, slightly demanding. "You're right. That's... Exactly what I'm gonna do." I lie.

I continue to look through the dark freighter for my target, eventually finding him I the lower sections of the ship. "My mission is to neutralize you and I always accomplish my mission." I point my gun at it. "And my mission is to save our species. Looks like only one of us can succeed." It retorts. It rushes me, knocking the gun out of my hands. Markus grabs the gun before me. It points the gun at me, no remorse or guilt, just determination. "I didn't want this." It says. I push aside every bit of irrational feelings. Anything a deviant might have. I remind myself I am a machine. I remind myself I'll be back again, better then before. "We'll meet again, Markus. This isn't over." I warn before he pulls the trigger.