CHAPTER 2

The little room starts to light up. Minute by minute, more people are walking through one point to another. Technicians get prepared all the sound system. A brunette is holding a microphone and tests it hitting it smoothly with her hand. She approaches the microphone to her mouth and an annoying sound gets out from the speakers. Everyone is standing, watching their surroundings. We squint and frow our brows at the noise. There may be ten of us waiting for someone to talk to us. We're the artists that are going to play tonight and only five of us will get to work as formal members of the club, which means stable job, and I'm dying for some economic stability.

-Ok. – A deep voice shouts from an unknown spot. Some steps are heard, and we know whoever he is, he's getting closer. A tall man, with black hair appears with a notebook in hand. His beard is the first thing I notice, it's one of the longest beards I've seen in my life. He accommodates his glasses in the exact position that they were seconds ago and passes some pages till he gets to the one he was looking for. Finally, his stare gets to us. -My name is Martin, nice to meet you all. -He didn't seem like it. - I'm going to start calling you by your names. If there's someone who I don't call, please say so when I finish.

My foot starts to tremble with no reason. It is not like we're being chosen right now. For god sake, stop the leg. My hand goes down and pushes the leg still. It works, until I see that Louis who was standing two people apart from me turns his head in my direction. Immediately, my leg restarts its tremble oblivious of my hand. I stare at Louis and he smiles. Fuck, I need to control myself. I pinch myself and that gets me to stop again. I hide an inevitable huff and turn my head to the man who is calling us.

-...Killian Johns, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, ...

At the known name, my gaze goes to him again. Tomlinson, that's his surname. Louis is looking at the manager, his hair is carefully taken care of, except for a strand of hair bulging on his right. His back is thin, but his jacket makes him look good. Damn, honestly, he looks very good.

-..., Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, ...

I turn to the manager when he says my name, looking like a naughty boy caught in action up to no good. Well damn, If I had Louis' body undermine, I would totally be naughty with him but I would make sure that it would be good. Pretty damn good.

-Jackson Bee and Liam Payne. – The man finishes the calling- Did I call everybody?

We all nod.

-Great, ok, so, as you all know, tonight there's a show, only five of you will be part of the crew here so you must make the cut. The thing is that the decision is not only taken by the crowd. Indeed, it's me who makes it, so do your best to impress everyone. – Martha- He calls out to the girl that was testing the microphones. She is tuning the guitars now. Martha raises her body as her name is pronounced and she approaches the group. – She is the technical head, anything you'd like to discuss about sound or lights, talk to her.

We all nod again. She gives us a reassuring smile, and I smile at her. She focuses her eyes on me at the attention, and her smile flickers but she recomposes herself immediately.