CHAPTER 18

It takes me till the next morning to cool down after my conversation with Martin. I still can't believe I had to hear all the bullshit that came out from his mouth. The disgust I felt in that moment was fucking real. When I got out of the building and I saw Louis waiting for me, the feeling eased a little, but I was still angry not just because of his evident homophobia but also the fact that he was reticent about changing my song.

-Hey, are you ok? Did something happen with Martin? - Louis asks me with a really concerned look on his face. He was pouring some coffee in his mug.

-I'm fine. -I calm him down. -It's just that he didn't seem very willing to change my songs. Not even the fucking lyrics.

-Did he say no directly? -I roll my eyes at the question.

-He didn't have to. It was clearly a no. You should've seen him. -Well, actually I was thankful he didn't see him nor listened to him. I keep myself from telling him how it went the end of our discussion. It wasn't even worth it telling him.

-Well, don't worry. Just sing it and forget about it. It's just a song.

-I know. -I let out a frustrated huff.

I get a glimpse of the weather poking out my head through the window. It isn't raining, but I think it could start at any second. The sky has turned out to a grey colour that makes pretty clear that today the temperature is dropping. I got directly to the heater to turn it on. The house is freaking freezing. Clifford is laying down on the sofa, curled up in a fluffy blanket. When he gets aware, we're already awake, he jumps out of it to say good morning to us. Clifford goes directly to jump at Louis, and he greets him lovingly.

-Hello boy. Did you sleep well? - He puts a hand on his flank, and he gives him a belly scratch.

Clifford barks as a yes and when Louis stops directing his attention to him, Clifford comes running to me and he lays on the floor waiting for me to keep scratching his belly.

-What am I? Your second choice? -I ask Clifford but he doesn't seem to be very affected by my words because he stays in the same spot staring at me with... well...yes, puppy eyes, indeed. -Ok... fine, you win. -As I scratch him, I hear Louis laughing at me. I turn to look at him.

-Don't laugh.

-What do you want me to say? -He keeps laughing. -I'm his favourite. - He shrugs.

-Ha, that's just because you raised him. Give me more time to spoil him like you do, and he will adore me.

-Good luck with that. -He raises his eyebrows playfully while he takes a sip to his mug.

I take the other mug Louis prepared and I head to my bedroom to change my clothes. I choose a simple jean and a black sweater.

-Harry! -Louis calls me from the kitchen and once I put my white Vans on, I go to the living room and I see him leaning against the table kitchen looking at his phone.

-What?

-I have to head out. I just got a message that I'm receiving a package at my apartment. -He puts his phone in his pocket and he gets closer to me. He rounds my body with his arms, and I lean towards him for him to kiss me. Then, he plays with my lips as I open my mouth for him. I let go myself in the feeling of his tongue against mine. When he moves away from me with a last suck on my bottom lip, I keep my eyes close and I shake my head. -See you later. -I hear him say.

-No, just a little more. -I whine as I get closer to him. He gives in to one more kiss. I smile against his mouth and I feel he's smiling too.

-Harry, I have to go. -He laughs. The sound of it makes my chest vibrate.