CHAPTER 17

I wake up with Louis in my arms. Not a bad way to start the day. Not bad at all. I get up after giving him a soft kiss on his head, which makes him growl a little in his sleep. He's so fucking cute. As I get out of the room, Clifford is already at my feet jumping excited for seeing me.

-Hey, boy! Are you hungry? -He confirms it with a bark. -Shh! You're going to wake up dad. Come on!

He follows me to the kitchen, and I change his water and I refill his food. That keeps him busy long enough for me to go and grab my earphones. The speakers' option is ruled out to avoid waking Louis up, so I take my phone and play "Dancing queen" by ABBA. Just the beginning of the song gets me in the mood. I start dancing around while I take a pan and I turn on the kettle. Out of the corner of my eyes, I catch Clifford's stare and I turn to look at him to put a funny face sticking my tongue out. I can't hear his bark, but I know he does so I hush him again, however he doesn't give a shit about my order and he gets out of the kitchen. I muffle a chuckle. I would've done the same, boy.

I take two eggs from the fridge and I splash them against the pan. I sing along when the song gets to the chorus and seconds later, I feel Clifford's shape again at my feet.

-What's up now, Cliff? -I take off one of my earphones to greet him scratching his head. But then, I hear someone cuffing behind me. I turn around to see Louis wearing a grey sweatshirt I lent him last night.

-You're awake! -I come closer to kiss him in the lips.

-What are you listening to? -He asks me yawning and scratching his head.

-ABBA. -I tell him returning again to the cooking. -I'm making breakfast. Here's your tea. -I pour some milk and pass his cup with little drawings to him.

Louis comes to where I'm standing, and he surrounds me from my back.

-Thank you. -He says whispering against my ear and slightly pecking me on the back my neck. -Are you frying eggs?

-Yes, I'm making toasts.

-Sounds good. -I turn around and I wrap my arms around his waist, and he holds me closer.

-Glad you like it. -I tell him.

Louis stands up on his tiptoes to get his lips in contact with mine and I finish the distance to catch them.

-Good morning. -Louis says. And I melt right away with his grin and glistening eyes.

-Good morning.

***

Louis and I arrive at rehearsals slightly wet because it started raining around two hours ago. Niall and Liam are already here but they are too focused on their own world to realize we're here.

-Hey, guys! -Louis greets them. They just look at us and they greet us with a nod of their heads.

-What are you so caught up in? -I ask them.

-We're studying the new songs. -Niall explains and a second later, he drops his notebook with a thud wearing a furious look. -I can't believe he has made us change every fucking song.

-I know. -I tell him. -Have you started with the arrangements for the guitar?

-No. -He answers quickly getting back to his notebook. -I'm studying the lyrics first.

-Where's Zayn? - Louis asks Liam who just shrug as a response.

-I left his house this morning, he wanted some alone time to draw. And I had to do a few things anyways. He's just late, he's always late.