CHAPTER 14

-You can't be serious. -I speak the best I can while my mouth is full of lather. I spit at the sink and I look at Louis in the mirror. He's next to me brushing his teeth while he looks at me nodding and widening his eyes trying to reaffirm his statement. He mumbles before he spits.

-I'm serious. It's all about a stupid trend that people follow for no reason. It's just ridiculous.

-You're such a whiner. – I tease him.

-I beg your pardon? I'm not such thing. It's foolish to think that just because everybody says that some food is good, makes it actually good. Sushi is just not my thing.

Concluding my tooth brushing, I fill my mouth with water, and I spit it. Finally, I take a towel to dry some of the drops that have fallen down my chin.

-Alright, maybe it's not your thing. But it is good. I like it. – I get out the bathroom with a last glimpse at Louis who is finishing his brushing. I'm already in my bedroom when I hear his response perfectly clear.

-Of course, you do. -Louis says it quietly but loud enough for me to hear it despite his intentions.

-I heard you! What do you mean by that? -I shout from my bedroom.

-Nothing! -He shouts back from the bathroom.

The bed is a muddle of sheets; however, I lay over it and I wrap myself under the cover feeling distempered because of the lack of clothes on. When I see Louis peeking out the door with an apologising smile, I quickly grab a cushion that it is next to me and I throw it to him.

-I heard that, wanker! -Not that I was expecting a major result with my obviously threatening cushion, but I don't even get it to brush him.

-Sorry. -Louis jumps quickly on the bed and lets his body fall over mine. -Sorry, sorry. -He kisses me between apologises and tickles, which at the end, makes me cave in and I start laughing.

I don't know how much time we pass in bed when I am enlightened by don't ask me what kind of mysterious force.

-Shit! I totally forgot!

-What? -Louis halts his kiss on a spot under my ear to look me in the eyes.

-What time is it? -I ask him.

Louis turns around to grab his phone which was resting on the nightstand at his side of the bed. He unlocks it and shows me the time.

-Shit! - I shout jumping out of the bed. It's almost 9 and I'm supposed to get in an uber to pick up my sister and go to my mum's. -I have family lunch. -I briefly explain.

I feel Louis' eyes on me while I'm getting dressed. Nonetheless, I prevent myself form getting a glimpse of his shape covered by the blankets if I want to get out of this house on time.

-You don't mind if I leave you here, right?

Louis shakes his head while he passes a hand through his hair.

-Not at all. I'm having a shower and I'm out. I have to go to feed Clifford anyway.

-Ok. -I take a little bag where I keep my wallet, my phone, and some other stuff. As I put my arms through the straps of the backpack, I lean towards Louis to kiss him one last time. However, Louis surrounds my neck drawing me to him and deepening the kiss.

-Lou. -I call him while he keeps smooching my lips. -Shit. Don't do that. -I try my best to spill out the words among all his kisses. -I'm in a hurry.

He releases me from his arms, and I get to take a step back further from him.

I point my finger accusatory towards him. -You're going to get me killed. -I don't even know what excuse I'm going to use for my tardiness.