CHAPTER 12

We accorded that I would go to pick him up to his house since the date was my plan after all.

Nonetheless, I wasn't expecting at all what I would confront when I rang his door and Louis opened the door. A huge fluffy Clifford jumps at me and I take him in the air in the nick of the time.

-Oh my God!– I shout. My heart in my throat.

-Shit! Clifford! -Louis shouts back but all Clifford does is shaking his tail once I assure him in my wrap.

-I have him. It's ok.

-Sorry -Louis apologises for him. He turns around the cap he's wearing and steps closer to kiss me. -Hi.

Now that I was free of any kind of assault, I have time to study his house. A brown peel sofa fills almost completely the room and the rays of light streaming from the huge window fall against the dark wood floor. It's pretty homey, a slight smell which I couldn't describe makes me want to take a sly deep breath. This place shouted his name.

-My sister is coming to take care of Clifford, so I'm ready whenever you are.

I look at him and I realize he's wearing some blue jeans and a Kappa sweatshirt. He looks good.

-Off we go, then.

We head to the street and we start walking side by side. The sky is clouded but it's not that cold, nevertheless, nothing stops me from wearing a long navy-blue coat. People walk past us, everyone busy on their phones or on the conversations with the people next to them. Cars and red buses fill the roads. The sound of them mix with the indistinct mumbling of the people.

-Are you going to tell me where we're going? I'm following you like a puppy dog. -Louis whines.

The image of him as a puppy makes me laugh. -You'll see. Don't be eager. - I tease him. Honestly, the place where we were going wasn't that special, but I wanted him to have fun. -It's a morning date, Louis, don't expect roses and champagne.

-Well, now you have offended me, Harold. I totally deserve roses and champagne.

I turn to look at him and I see his eyes wrinkling under his cap. Of course, you do. I take his hand and we keep walking. I realize this is the first time we are holding hands in public. It feels new and thrilling, it's been a long time since I held hands with someone.

We get to the entry of a park.

-Did you get me to Hyde park? -Louis halts before going in.

I roll my eyes at him.

-I did, but we have to walk through it to get to this place, Lou. I'm not going to make you feed the ducks.

I pull his arm making him walk again.