CHAPTER 27

A month has passed since Louis and I are back together. We're trying to be as much discreet as we can and for now it seems like we're doing a good job, I'm not sure if it will last for too long though. Sometimes I find myself staring at him more than I should, and I know it's only a matter of time for Martin to figure out that we're still together. I don't care, though. I kind of want to everyone know that I'm with Lou and that he's mine.

As a normal Saturday morning, I'm doing all the cleaning I don't do during the week. Louis has left soon this morning to go for a walk with Clifford. It's been two hours now and he hasn't come back yet. Nonetheless, a little chirp from my phone startles me. It's a message from him.

"Pack a few things and get out of the house".

What the fuck? Another message pops up on the phone. "Don't make me come in and get you Harold!!!"

I narrow at the phone trying to understand what's going on. I start typing. "Where are you?"

I receive his reply right away. "I'm outside". And then, "In the car".

In the car? What car? And what am I supposed to pack? Food? Clothes? I decide that calling him would save us much more time.

-I'm waiting! -Louis voice greets me on the other side of the phone call.

-Can you please explain to me what is going on with more words than that? -I ask him while I rummage in my wardrove to find a bag.

I hear the sound of his laugh against my ear and it's infectious because I start grinning while I empty a big green bag. – By the way, whose car have you stolen? You don't have a car.

-I borrowed it to my sister. She's with Clifford too. I convinced her to lend me her car for the weekend.

-And where are we going? What do I pack?

-Some clothes would be enough... and pack something for me too, please. I haven't prepared this too much. Oh! And a guitar would be great.

-Oh my god, Lou. Where are you taking us?

-It's a surprise, Haz. Come on! You should be ready by now.

-I'm coming! -I hang up the phone.

I finish packing after I take both of our toothbrushes and I head out of the house.

He's waiting for me leaning against the car. He's wearing sunglasses and a jacket that suits him perfectly. Not to mention those jeans...

When he hears the door closing, he turns to see me, and a smile appears on his face. It still shocks me how I'm able to make him smile just by mere presence. It makes my chest burst with pride.

-You better have a good plan to make all this in such a hurry. -I say opening the passenger's door and getting in the car. Louis enters after me and I put the bag on the backseats.

-The best plans are the ones that are not planned. -He tilts his head towards me with such a mischievous smile that all I can do is turning to stare at him.

-Are they? - I know I'm gawking at him, but he just leans towards me and kiss me. His lips fit with mine so perfectly it leaves me gasping for air. God, I'm so down for him.

-Let's go! -He exclaims and turns the engine on.

We spend hours on the road. It has started snowing so I know we're heading north. I still don't know where we're going but It's ok as long as I'm with him. I just hope he really knows where he's taking us, if we get lost and, in this car, we're going to end up dying from hypothermia.