CHPT. 02 Devil and Viator

紺碧の炎

紺碧の炎

.

Aether stared wide-eyed at the floating figure in front of him. A boy a few inches taller than him, with Heterochromatic eyes of yellow and blue, his blue-glazed black hair, seating as the winds passed them. He wore clothes clad in maroon, slightly on the shade of magenta. Both his coat and pants were maroon, while his undershirt was a dark grey, his collar messy and open. A sort of miniature clock dangled of his belt, the epicenter of the golden clock was a bright red orb.

"Uwah?? A person from outside this world!" The contract demon cheered, leaning into Aether, who flinched. His Heterochromatic eyes traveled to Paimon, narrowing at the sight of her. "And what the hell are you?" He bluntly asked, making Paimon huff.

"Hey! Paimon is Paimon! Aether's traveling companion!" She yelled, puffing her cheeks in annoyance.

"So your names are Aether and Paimon." He hummed, making Paimon gasp at her mistake. The 'Demon' grinned menacingly at her, and tears brimmed the poor child's eyes. "P-Paimon's just joking!" She argued, trembling.

Aether sweatdropped at her panic, turning to the Contract Demon who was merely chuckling. "So, what do you need?" The 'demon' asked, simply floating in the air as if nothing. Aether blinked in surprise, before scratching the back of his head. "Let me guess...you only wanted to try summoning me and didn't plan on making a contract"

Aether flinched at the accuracy of his answer, looking up to see that the contract demon was floating in a sitting position. "It's okay!" The demon assured, smiling brightly at the duo. "It's been decades since I was last summoned, so it's nice" he explained, enjoying the free wind that hit his face.

Aether blinked, sensing the lonely tone in the male's voice, which made him frown. He took pity on him, knowing how it felt. He had, of course, lost his twin, but he still had Paimon and his friends back at Monstadt. "I actually wanted to make a contract."

"Hah?!" Paimon exclaimed, staring at Aether as if he's gone insane. He ignored her warnings, offering a hand to the contract demon.

"I want to make a contract. I have a good feeling about it." He explained, the determined glint in his eyes shining brightly that the contract demon seemed awed. His eyes that showed the sun and moon gleamed before he smiled softly.

"Tell me what you want then."

Aether hummed, "Accompany me in my travels, my search for my sister"

The contract demon gaped, "What? That's it?" Aether nodded, making the demon bewildered. He scratched the back of his head, his lips quivering as if he suppressed a smile.