CHPT. 17 Betrayal in gold

黄金の家

黄金の家

.

Alastor gazed up at the sky, jumping from any high place to another, just to move faster in the dead of the night. The frigid winds that felt nothing to him, made the trees sway, silence engulfed the harbor.

"The harbinger Childe," Alastor murmured, pausing in his steps as he saw a camp of fatui soldiers. The tent had the fatui's insignia, pridefully showing itself to anyone to come to pass.

"Aiya~ C'mon Jecky! Let's switch!!"

Hyde was excitedly floating by his side, as the world suddenly turned black and white. It became entirely silent, as neither human nor god knew that time had stopped in his realm.

Tilting his head to the side, his wry toothy grin was filled with irritation. "And what? You're gonna burn them alive as usual?" He retorted, glancing around their frozen time.

Hyde pouted, huffing as he crossed his arms over his chest. Upset that his counterpart refused to switch places with him.

"Well, what else would I do? I'm one half of a two-millennium old demon, who was taught by the great Feng Huang!"

He exclaimed, dropping from his floating state.

"Besides, I'm the Arsonist half of Alastor!" He exclaimed, flicking his finger. A blue ball of flames zoomed to the camp of Fatui, for it to only be paused in the air.

Jekyll clicked his tongue, his arm outstretched to control the dangerous flames. Demonic flames, also known as Hellfire were volatile to nearly all kinds of life, including gods.

"Don't play with fire if you aren't ready to be burned yourself."

Jekyll snapped, striding to the camp of Fatui footmen and soldiers. Some were asleep, some wide awake as guards. At the time of Rex Lapis's death, they could not easily rest within the harbor.

"Using our master's words against me, huh?"

Hyde chuckled, as the world's time slowly played. He vanished from the sight of humans, an invisible ghost to all except himself.

"Don't test me, Hyde. Once this is all over and this insanity of being two finally ends... We are free from this hellish state."

.

Bolts of fire and emerging gold stone were launched once the pitiful fatui soldiers had a near-death chance. Once all the fatui soldiers were defeated, the trio went up the stairs until they found several crates with golden paper hanging from the lids.

"Sigils of permission? So many at that." Alastor murmured, disturbed by the several amounts of sigils. It was troubling but somehow he was unnerved by the number of sigils, the mere symbol making him shiver.