CHPT. 25 Lantern wish

願いが叶う

願いが叶う

.

Aether and Paimon slowly entered Liyue once again, though neither looked too good. It was already a month and a half since Osial's resurrection, and all of their companions had done everything to cheer them up. Some less than others, they too were suffering from the grief.

Bennett and Razor had become so close to one another, as they were often reminded of the demon through eachother. They had fulfilled their promise, and started adventuring all over Monstadt. However, they still missed the demon who had taken care of them.

Kaeya had become less talkative, and often started to fall into a daze at random times. All of the knights were so worried that they had forced him into a break. But even so, he had regained some sense, but still was not entirely himself.

Venti was much more worse than the rest. He felt extremely guilty, blaming himself as he insisted that they travel to Liyue. He didn't know it would come to end with his old friend lost. There were times he could not sleep, and times he just tried to drink the pain away but even the wine became bland. It didn't taste the same, neither did it feel right anymore.

Zhongli?

The fallen geo Archon had been more silent and interacted less. Often, he would become violent when alone, ending with several hilichurl camps massacred. He blamed himself over and over again, as sleepless nights haunted him. The memory of the first and last time he saw Alastor kept repeating in his head. Like an endless cycle of torture.

"Aether. . . Let's cheer up! We'll find your sister and Alas—"

"Paimon enough!"

Aether snapped, glaring at the pixie with his sullen and dark eyes. He too were one of the many that could not sleep. He was slowly moving on, but Paimon. . .

The little fairy refused to believe that Alastor had perished in the fight. 'we will find him' she kept repeating those words over and over again, never accepting that Alastor was gone. She could never believe it, no matter what.

All she had been doing was try to find clues of Alastor, sometimes bursting into tears when something reminded her of him. It began to be a dangerous depression, as the little fairy was literally a moth attracted to a flame. She found more comfort closer to a flame.

"Let's just go. . . There are food stalls there so don't worry about your stomach." Aether sighed, frowning as Paimon's silence grew much more natural. Of course, he was upset as well, but he needed to stay strong.

Alastor was not the purpose of his journey. . . But he was someone who helped him so much, taking the time to keep him safe and do all he could to guide him. Even if it was just a few months, Aether deeply appreciated him.