special ⤷ "オオカミとライオン" (1)

"オオカミとライオン" (wolf and Lion)

. "オオカミとライオン" (wolf and Lion)
. (Part I)

. scenario/au ; a mysterious lady enters Liyue in search for something. Alastor is quite surprised to see her.

(AU only, not officially part of the story.)

.

Aether had stared far too long. Paimon had even slapped him for it. He couldn't help it really, not when there was a strange person walking around Liyue with a cloak under the sun. The person had been suspicious in the beginning, often being stopped by the Millelith, but was soon let go after some explaining.

He never saw her face, but he could feel her presence. It was awfully familiar, akin to Alastor's aura. A demon, he had concluded and with Paimons incessant whining, he began to follow the girl.

"Paimon wonders what she's doing here. Are you sure she's a demon?" The little fairy tilted her head, as she and Aether pretended to browse through books. The hooded stranger had gone to look for books, and had begun asking some people regarding the texts.

Aether shook his head, "Not really but she has a similar aura to Alastor."

"Are you sure it's the same as Al's and not an adeptus?"

"Yes. It's unusual since all the adepti and archons we've met had unique aura's. Alastor's is completely different from Zhi You's but this person feels similar to him." He explained.

Awthers constitution as a being outside of Teyvat often gave him advantages in identifying whether a person was human or not. He could vividly remember what Alastor's aura felt like. It was scorching hot like the son, yet at times it could become colder than winter itself. Aether had come to realize that the sudden changes of his aura often meant that different alter egoes were in control. Jeckyll was the one with the more fiery and incandescent aura, while Hyde was frigid and eerie.

However, the stranger that they were stalking has a similar feeling to Alastor; Jeckyll. Her aura was hot and a bit violent. However, it had a gentle touch to it. Aether could simply describe it as a rose with thorns or a star, it was beautiful and magnificent yet it could burn you asunder.

Once the stranger had moved again, Paimon and Aether did not hesitate to move along with her. They were a few meters away from the stranger, and saw her take a sharp turn. Aether quickly followed after her, into the alley ―a mistake it was.

He was met with the blade of a sword pressed against his neck, and blazing red eyes glaring darkly at him. He gulped, pressing his back against the wall while Paimon was silent in fear. The stranger stared furiously at him, before her gaze turned into a scrutinizing sense of acknowledgment that made Aether squirm.

"Why are you following me?" She asked, not taking her eyes of aether. Poor traveler was frightened beyond belief. He has fought the harbinger, dragons, gods, and even summoned a demon, yet he was absolutely terrified of a woman who pointed her sword at him.