CHPT. 08 Unlucky Bennett and Furry Razor

嫌いな土地へ

嫌いな土地へ

.

Saying goodbye to Monstadt was painful for both the viator and devil. Especially when it came to bidding farewell to the friends they made. Aether was used to this, but felt glad to have a place to come back to.

Alastor on the other hand had trouble parting with Monstadt. He didn't want to leave Barbatos unattended, and neither could his greater evil half part with the cavalry captain he oh so favors. But alas, as the contractor journeying Aether was intact, he could not do anything. In the end, Venti begged to atleast accompany them to stone gate. The boarder between Monstadt and Liyue.

"Don't you think we should get another teammate?" Alastor commented, his brows furrowing at the notice that they lacked members in their party. Sure, they didn't need anymore teammates but the company was needed for their sanity.

Aether nodded, his eyes glimmering brightly as he hurried towards the adventurers guild. "I have someone in mind!"

"Me too... Let's meet up at springvale then." He said, as both nodded in agreement. Venti who was humming away blinked in surprise, before running after the contract demon. "H-Hey! Alastor wait up!"

"Hey, where are you off to? And who's this person you got in mind?" Venti curiously asked, but only received a hum of acknowledgment. Pouting childishly, he clung onto the young looking man's arm and whined softly to him.

"Come visit soon, okay?"

"You actually think that I can survive going to Liyue and staying there?" Alastor asked him in bewilderment, his gaze showing that he thought the bard was insane. Surely, Barbatos of all people would understand he resentment towards the lands of commerce and their god. With the Adepti in the wilderness, he would rather go drown himself.

"Aw~ c'mon stop being so grumpy. You might like the trip." Venti chuckled, his arm still locked in place. Truthfully, he worried that Alastor would come to love Liyue and become an Adepti, leaving him for the motherland he never saw as home. He could only hope that he would return to him.

Alastor shook his head, stopping in his tracks as he stared deeply into Venti's azure eyes. Blue and yellow like a sunny day, yet both were dull and dark like rain was approaching.

"Monstadt is my home. It always will be."

Venti felt his heart skip a beat, his face heating up at the deep words of comfort. He paused as Alastor continued on to the destination he had in mind, leaving Venti to ponder on his words. A soft smile on his face, Venti unconsciously conveyed his delight on the wind.