CHPT. 40 lawless and chains

.

Every archon had different ideologies. Those ideologies had darker sides to them. It balanced evil and good―dark and light. This was the accord Celestia decided upon when the heptagram was formed. The darker counterparts of the archons.

Alastor has never spoke of what heinous side there was to contracts, but he understood what a contract could do. It could enslave someone. Contracts were chains, and Alastor had lived to the twisted version of Morax's idealogies the moment he had first died. The moment Morax had killed him.

Zhi You, like Alastor, had abandoned her original name. She was the counterpart of freedom, Barbatos. She represented anarchy, the darkness to so called freedom. Thus she was lawless. She has been the youngest of the original heptagram thus she was the most mischievous.

Alastor was something akin to the middle child of the seven major demons, even though he represented Pride.

Alastor despised Liyue, and once the heptagram began assigning themselves their territories, Alastor refused to give up Mondstadt to Zhi You. This had caused a feud between the freedom and contracts; the demons of anarchy and enslavement. One was carried the desire to destroy all laws, while the other was deamed a tyrant by all.

The one who wished laws to be destroyed was forced to reside in a land of contracts, while the Tyrant vowed to protect a land of freedom.

Zhi You and Alastor trult embodied the darkness of their counterparts ideology.

So to her surprise, Zhi You found herself back in Mondstadt after centuries of fighting with Alastor for the territory. Although it was temporary, she was gladdened to return to her birthplace. Her mother had been a Mondstadter and her father was a Liyuen― like Alastor, her parents came from two nations.

The moment she stepped on Mondstadt soil, she immediately felt the shift in her surroundings. Her platinum blonde hair was tied into a loose braid, a green ribbon tying it together along with a white flower ornament decorating her hair. Her outfit consisted of a dark green top with black leggings and a white overcoat with golden details. She wore black knee high boots that had golden details just like the overcoat. In addition, she also wore an emerald coat that had golden details on the sleeves alone with her visions being used as a brooch.

"Aiyaa~ it's been a while since I've been back here. I wonder if Mother's garden still exists." She hummed, smiling as she stood at the edge of the cliff. She could see the grand windmills unique to Mond along with the dandelions flying through the air.

She hopped down from the cliff, summoning a cushion of bushes and flowers to soften her landing. Mondstadt had a better teraformation for her, as it was mostly covered by grass and foliage compared to Liyues mountains and stone.

It was the advantages of surroundings that also caused her to argue with Alastor regarding their territories.

"So... Blonde haired boy with floating fairy companion, thing." Zhi You hummed, pressing her hands against her hips. She tilted her head at the sight of Mondstadt's walls, a grin spreading across her face.