CHPT. 10 Jueyun Karst

不滅の

不滅の

.

Razor waited patiently for Alastor, said demon had requested him to wait a little longer while he attended to some matter. The boy was worried once he saw the dark smile on Alastor, shivering once he saw that the skin shown from his arms were darker than normal. It was not normal and became scary once he saw the crimson markings on them.

"Razor!" He hears and turned his head to a sweaty pair that hurriedly ran to him. Aether and Bennett were in no state of rest and calm, rather they were covered in sweat and had a tension going through their veins.

"Hey... Where's Al?" Paimon asked, slowly observing her surroundings to notice that the contract demon was nowhere to be found.

Aether stiffened, his eyes widening in fear of what the demon of contracts were to do once he found out that Rex Lapis was assassinated. He shivered, knowing the dislike Alastor had for the Geo Archon, yet felt an ominous premonition for it. Once he felt the wind turn hot, he snapped his head around once he saw Alastor appear in a flurry of fire.

Parts of his clothes were charred and torn while bits of ash danced around him. The small amount of blood on his blade was enough to trouble his companions, noticing the dark look on his expression.

"Alastor? Is everything alright?" Aether asked with hesitation, but he only received an assuring smile. It was strained and forced, clearly fake but he could not speak of anything else.

"No. Just had to let of some steam for a bit." He answered and chuckled softly, though his tone could not match his cold and dull eyes.

"Where are we of to next?"

Aether sighed, knowing he won't succeed in gaining information about what had happened to the contract demon. He glanced at the sky, hoping that his small prayer to Venti would be heard.

"Jueyun Karst"

.

Traversing up Jueyun Karst was a hassle, and became more troublesome with Alastor trying to run away once again. He was never fond of the Adepti due to their relation to Rex Lapis, neither did he care if any of them died and passed on. He wished to have nothing to do with them, no matter the cost.

Unfortunately, his contract with Aether stopped him from running away. He could only hope that Venti got himself in trouble for him to use it as an excuse, bit alas the bard was only spending his time in Diluc's tavern without a care in the world.

"Of all the Adepti we have to meet first... It's gotta be this one?" He cursed under his breath, lagging behind the group who walked up the path with determination. He could only click his tongue in annoyance, shove his hands into his pockets and grumble more complaints.