CHPT. 03 Stormterror's fall

敗北と自由

敗北と自由

.

The group of heroes: Aether, Diluc, Jean, and Venti, stood in front of the storm barrier. Venti hummed in thought at the sight of it, summoning his lyre.

Unknown to the group, excluding the traveler duo, an ancient entity stood at the side of the cliff, silently overseeing their actions. Alastor hummed, unhooking his vision and raising it to his view. The endless ticking inside his head was gradually getting louder as Venti's lyre resonated across the canyon. He sighed, "In three, two, one..." He murmured and the storm barrier was no more. The clock hands that were invisible to most stopped momentarily, as if a timer had just gone off.

His heterochromatic orbs traveled to Aether then to Venti. 'Aether, I'll go on ahead.' He spoke through their telepathic connection, jumping down from the cliff as the power of pyro covered him and slam to the ground.

As Aether and co. cross the bridge to Decarabian's tower, he briefly glanced at the faint outlines of red zooming towards the tower. "Al is pretty fast for a Pyro-user," Paimon whispered, her eyes trailing of to Alastor's figure that jumped into the Tower while evading the Windscreen.

Aether nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I think it's some kind of ability. Whenever he starts sprinting, he becomes fire itself and burns his surroundings." He recalled, remembering the burning grass that trailed of Alastor.

While the five venture up the tower, an ominous being watched them closely. The abyss mage tapped its staff on the currently dormant Ruin Guard, and its eye started to glow brightly. The mechanism's sound echoed through the hall but was unable to reach the group of heroes.

"Let the Anemo Archon fall-"

Suddenly, a burst of flames came crashing down from the ruined edge of the tower, rocketing the Ruin guard to the wall. Its sound faltering, before the glowing orb turning full. The abyss mage screeched in shock, whipping his head around for the assailant.

The sounds of footsteps ominously echoed, sending shivers down the Abyss mage's spine. In a panic, it summoned its hydro shield, trying to protect itself from the danger that defeated the ruin guard.

"Blame yourself for trying to attack him while I'm in the vicinity."

The abyss mage snapped its head back, greeted by the sight of a boy clad in red and black. His vivid dual-colored eyes pierced through the mages' soul, making it freeze at the mere sight of them.

Warnings of his kin, in which they must always avoid a young man with yellow and blue eyes, and must run when they turn red and black.

"Y-you are..." the abyss mage gasped, its hand trembling, almost dropping its staff.