CHPT. 07 The contract of revenge

以前からの契約

以前からの契約

.

Under the dim moonlight, a figure stands atop the Favonius Cathedral. Their dark hair tinted with the color of blood was blown by the wind, his crimson and obsidian eyes covered by his bangs. The hood that was previously over his head was blown off, yet it only unveiled his pensive expression.

"Tsk... Making ey deal with the contract. Can't he understand that it had already been fulfilled 3 years ago?" He questioned, jumping of the cathedral, landing on the ground with a soft thud. He easily evaded the two vision holders of cryo and pyro patrolling around the city.

"I'm just checking."

He heard an identical voice, making him scoff quietly.

Alastor was an immortal being, once trapped within a timeless realm of black and white. Before the birth of the contract demon, was a child deprived of a mother's love and the warmth of family. That child manifested a darker personality, soon growing into his own alter ego. That ego became the personification of his dark side once the child became the demon of contracts.

Within Alastor were Jekyll and Hyde. The names were denominated onto them by the abyss order, which gradually learned to fear those names. They became accustomed to it, but we're still known as the immortal demon of Contracts, Alastor.

Both prided in being 'Alastor'. Hoping one day they could become one and never split apart.

Entering the knights of Favonius headquarters, he easily slipped into the corridor that contained the knight's dorms. Alastor, controlled by the ego Hyde, halted at the last door.

Hyde sighed, narrowing his eyes at the door. His hand glowed faintly, before hearing a satisfying click of the door. Humming in thought, he carelessly entered the room and gently closed the door. Glancing towards the sleeping occupant he chuckled, opening the window and sitting on the comfy chair.

He watched as the room's occupant shivered, slowly getting up from their slumber and rubbing their eye tiredly. Soon, blue-lilac eyes found their way to him, widening in surprise.

"Long time no see, Kaeya."

The cavalry captain of the knights of Favonius. No one would have expected that he had summoned the contract Demon's and made a deal with them. An Arcanum contract that he wished would not be revealed, especially to his brother.

"Ah! Mr. Contract demon, what brings you here in this fine night?" Kaeya asked, resuming his usual charming exterior but he was visibly embarrassed to be seen in his pajamas and with such disheveled hair. He grabbed for his eye patch, and quickly placed it over his eye, smiling tiredly at the unexpected visitor.