special ⤷ "火の娘" (2)

"火の娘" (daughter of fire)

. "火の娘" (daughter of fire)
. (Part II)

. scenario/au ; the heir of the contract demon is revealed and Morax and Aether are determined to figure out who her mother is. unfortunately, people from Mond can't help but interfere.

(AU only, not officially part of the story.)

.

Alastor gently stroked the girls hair, murmuring soft words of worry and concern. They were in Aether's teapot, and after the identity of the girl was revealed, the rest of their party had gone speechless ―excluding Zhi You who was desperately trying to heal his daughter. After a few minutes of Alastor doing nothing but hold his daughter and threaten everyone around him as if the world was ending, Zhi You had slapped some sense into him.

Now the girl was sleeping peacefully on his bed ― with bandages wrapped around her arm and abdomen.

With trembling hands, he gripped his daughters hand, pressing the back of it against his lips. His child... His beloved child and the last thing he had of his late wife― wasn't as invincible as him. She was his daughter, but a complete demon. The blood running through her veins was not completely infernal.

"She's recovering. Thankfully, you took out the karma in time." He heard Zhi You say, glancing at the blonde haired demon of anarchy. She was leaning against the doorframe, her eyes stuck to the unconscious demoness.

"Al..." She carefully called for him. "The others― Venti, Diluc, Jean, Ganyu Hu Tao,  and Childe are here." She cautiously explained, flinching as she heard a vicious crack.

"Why?"

"Uh... I don't really know. I think Aether alerted them, since they were supposed to be part of the expedition regarding the rogues. Anyways... Paimon is extremely agitated, she's..." Zhi You trailed of, pursing her lips.

"It's fine... Paimon is the talkative type and the more scared she is, the more she cannot stay silent." Alastor hummed, not motivated to even chuckle. He was focused on his daughter. His thumb rubbed against her hand, quietly pushing his own energy into her to accelerate her healing.

"... Alastor..." Zhi You tried, pressing a hand against his shoulder.

Alastor exhaled, holding his daughters hands with his own. "She... I sent her to Natlan for her protection. She wasn't supposed to come here― her mother would come back from the dead if she ever got hurt." Alastor grit his teeth, unable to take his eyes of his daughter. "Sigrid is the last of my blood and my only child."

Zhi You shook her head. "Don't worry so much. Your wife named her Sigrid because it means victory. She's your daughter and that person, she's not going to loose so easily." She scoffed, looking at the girl fondly.