CHPT. 41 Xiansheng

"Why did I choose to do this again?"

Alastor asked as he effortlessly carried Hu Tao on his shoulders. The day before, a family had come baring news of how the grandmother had died. The family had already contacted their Feng shui master, a little while before contacting the funeral parlor.

At the moment, Hu Tao was busily gathering flowers for the funeral.

Now, Alastor, who had unfortunately gotten involved because of Hu Tao, was serving as a sort of ladder for the funeral parlor director as she searched for white chrysanthemums.

A day after they first met, Hu Tao had stalked him to the point he could no longer ignore her. The young lady had been ever so delighted when Alastor yielded, and happily involved him in her business. Admittedly, Alastor's involvement was useful, as he did help detect any lingering spirits around― unlike a certain exorcist. Although that was the only thing he signed up for, yet he still got roped into Hu Tao's shenanigans.

A few days has passed, and Hu Tao's new hobby was pestering Alastor.

"Ooh! Look, I found a few over there!" She excitedly rejoiced, tugging at Alastor's hair as she forced him to move forward. Said demon's eye twitched, as he bent forward, causing Hu Tao to scream. Before she fell, he had floating chains catch her and gently place her on the ground.

The pyro lancer pouted, huffing childishly before she traversed through the trees and zeroed in on the multiple white chrysanthemums. She grinned brightly, waving the flowers as if they were a flag.

"Why couldn't we just buy the flowers? It'd save us from the hassle." He sighed, running a hand through his dark hair and narrowed his eyes at the young lady.

Hu Tao's eye twitched, smiling up at him. It was eerie, Alastor knew that. "Because a certain Consultant has been wasting our money on useless trinkets. The funeral parlor might go broke if we buy the flowers." She murmured, caressing the white petals of the chrysanthemums.

Alastor tilted his head, "But the family who asked for the funeral will be paying for the flowers? Why bother―"

"No! No! No! I might be managing a business, but I'm not that cruel to have a family waste more of their needed money on flowers. If a family comes to the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, I will make sure to at least pay for the flowers as my condolences." Hu Tao declared, looking rather offended at Alastor.

The demon couldn't help but smile at her. Such a noble thing to do from such a mischievous girl. "So I'll pay for it. Flowers aren't that expensive." He nonchalantly declared, unconsciously grabbing Hu Tao and effortlessly carrying her. His arm was wrapped under her legs, as Hu Tao's arms loosely wrapped around his neck for support. "Close your eyes."

Hu Tao silently followed as heat blew around them. She opened her eyes again and found that they were no longer in the forest but rather her office back in Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. "Are you really willing to pay for the flowers?" She asked, gently landing on her floor as she looked up at Alastor with an expectant look.