CHPT. 09 The rite of Decension

竜の死

竜の死

.

Venturing deeper into Liyue, Aether, and co. finally arrived at the closest statue of the seven. The moment they saw the statue, the three younger boys stared at its figure in envy. In unison, their hands rested on their flat stomachs... Well, Razor did have a more built figure than the other two. The statue of Rex lapis was less detailed than the statue of Barbatos, but it sure as hell was superior in terms of appearance.

"That is one good-looking statue." Aether shook his head in disbelief, continuing to stare at the statue. Specifically the detailed abs on the statue.

"I'm questioning if Barbatos isn't a girl," Bennett murmured before he was suddenly slapped by harsh wind. He dragged forward, the wind pushing him forward to the statue. He yelped in surprise, snapping his head around the surroundings.

Bennett panicked, clasping his hands together in a praying position. "Oh dear Barbatos forgive me."

The three that were aware of who Barbatos was snickered at his prayer.

Aether glanced at Alastor who stared at the statue with a blank expression and a minute later he held a look of disdain. He let out a strained sigh, slowly approaching the statue to resonate with the Element of Geo.

'Rex Lapis, please. Please. Please, don't piss off my companion further.' Aether thought, knowing that somehow his prayer would not be heard. He was an outlander of Teyvat and would certainly have to speak out his prayer for the Archon to hear.

"Lupical... Why is lupical angry?" Razor tugged at Alastor's sleeve, his worried expression was clear as day. He could easily sense the contract Demon's annoyance once he saw the statue, even subtly seeing him scoff. Alastor smiled tiredly, gently patting his head in comfort.

"Don't wor-"

A sudden scream entered their ears, turning their heads to the side. Bennett was now stuck on a tree while Geo Slimes surrounded the bottom of the tree. Unfortunately, he was a pyro user that had little experience in battling Geo Slimes. "Oh no." Alastor sighed, gesturing for the two to assist him in helping the unlucky adventurer.

Razor growled, smashing his claymore to the slimes. Summoning an electro claw, he slammed his hand to the ground and a burst of lightning erupted. Alastor assisted in creating the overload.

Aether watched and slammed down Meteorite, before narrowing his eyes at the brotherly duo. He noticed how their elemental skills and bursts were similar. Like how Alastor would slash away the enemies, as Razor used his thunder world claw to slash the enemies. Like how both of them father their elements into their palms and slam their hands down to make them erupt. Their Bursts were the least comparable due to Alastor's chains and Razors wolf within.