CHPT. 33 On fire and frost

Ragnvindr. One of the five families to have participated in the civil war of Decarabian and the people of Mondstadt. The same family that had help establish the knights of favonius. The family which the contract demon has associated with for centuries.

Alastor had watched generations of the Ragnvindr grow and pass on. He was there to witness it all; including Diluc Ragnvindr, the last of his clans descendants grow up into the fine young man he was now.

He had watched as Crepus took in a strange boy, raised him as if he were his own and give Diluc someone like a brother. Alastor saw this child, stared into his diamond like pupils and looked away. He knew where the boy―Kaeya Alberich―had come from. Where he originated. His nationality. His reason to appear in Mond.

Yet he ignored his past, trained Diluc and Kaeya, become the mentor until he vanished when they were merely fourteen. He couldn't get involved anymore, yet four years later―when both boys where adults and had come of age, he returns to find that Diluc was the last of his clan.

The once grand and powerful Ragnvindr clan left only one of their descendants, broken, anguished, and alone.

Alastor lost control of himself as the Ursa Drake's were taken from Mond, and manipulated the fatui, resulting in constant damage and influence against the leylines. He was vulnerable, and fell into a sleep while his other half stayed wide awake.

It gave Hyde a chance.

Hs took it, and Kaeya Alberich shook hands with the devil. Ignorant of what he had truly done.

The contract demon was not merciful, especially the greater evil. What he had done was not a simple contract as he thought, but perhaps he should stay ignorant for longer.

.

"Diluc, where's your brother?"

"He's not my brother!"

Diluc snapped at the demon, pouring a glass of wine for a customer before beginning to mix other beverages. He was unfortunate enough for the demon―his childhood mentor―to come pay a visit to their tavern, and constantly press on several things. The subject now was Diluc's 'brother', Kaeya.

"Childish of you." Alastor scoffed, smirking at the redhead. "Well then, if you do not wish to speak about little Kaeya, let's talk about the recent attacks."

Alastor hummed, pressing the glass of wine against his lips as he felt the drink burn down his throat. He smiled, satisfied with Diluc's brew and reminiscent to Crepus' own skills. The man was not your everyday Winery owner, as he did stop by the tavern to play bartender.

He had a natural talent, and Alastor just loved his mixes and cocktails. It seems as though Diluc inherited such skill from his father.

"I though all the demons of Mondstadt were to cowerdly to attack. Explain why they've become violent, now." Diluc demanded, narrowing his eyes at the demon.

Alastor hummed softly, "They think I actually died and took the chance. Without the presence of Barbatos, infernal beings target human civilization and have the goal of overthrowing human government." He stated, slowly twiling the glass half-filled with wine.

"They've grown violent from excitement and arrogance. If Barbatos was not here to protect your from demons, it was I that has been fending them of. As I said, my supposed death is like a miracle to them."