CHPT. 23 Rise from the ashes

灰から生まれた

灰から生まれた

.

     I was a knight that wore a blindfold, but I could still see the blood that day. This war was for our freedom, but why did it cost me so much?

Day and night, all the eldest young master of Caelentis did train. Even when his half brother begged for him to rest, he would only smile hopelessly at the lad and say,

"I'm the heir to our family. I must do everything to protect us once that role falls to me." 

He never failed to tell his brother that.

His name was a word in Liyuen script, but the characters were not placed properly. His last name's character meant Eclipse, while his first name meant moon.

Once Yue had arrived in the Caelentis fort, he was greeted by his teary-eyed grandparents and his stepmother who held his a-year-old brother. 

His dear brother.

Though the boy did not resemble their father that much, Yue still treated him like a treasure. His younger brother Borris had grayish-blue hair which was a mix of his mother and their fathers. He had shining blue eyes which was the dominant aspect of a Caelentis.

He was happy. He was grateful for the family he now had.

Still, the trauma that he had gained forced him to wear a blindfold, and fight blind no matter the situation. It would have been a lie if they did not admit that Yue was not the greatest descendant of Caelentis born.

He adapted to all kinds of fighting styles, better yet blind. 

Perfecting his skill was all he wanted. To make his father proud. To keep his family safe. 

It was all he wished for.

Though happiness... was never meant for him.

.

As the flames engulfed their home, Yue fought with Decarabians soldiers. Gunnhildr and Ragnvindr nearly lost, and Caelentis took the soldiers that they could not handle. 

Yue was the commander, even if he was merely 20. But Caelentis soldiers followed him faithfully, proud to call this young man their leader. They jumped into battle, as the war that was nearly lost changed directions.

"Damnit! Where's Amos?!"

He yelled, desperately searching for the greatest archer he had met. But the woman with white hair was nowhere to be seen. Clicking his tongue, he raised his sword and cut down all the soldiers that tried to stand in his way.