Chapter Thirty (Epiloge)

K A L L I E ' S   P O V

It had been a month since we returned to Storybrooke, and things had become normal again. Well, our version of normal. Henry arrived back in Storybrooke two weeks ago with his fiancée, Ella, who was Cinderella in The New Enchanted Forest- a different realm from where my grandparents met. The two now lived in Snow's old apartment above Granny's. As far as magic lessons went, my mom and Regina had taught me together twice a week after school and on Saturdays after breakfast with Henry.

"Kallie," Henry called out from behind the kitchen counter. My head turned to him, putting the dishes into the sink from breakfast. "What time is Regina excepting you at her vault?" He asked, glancing at the watch on his wrist. I couldn't help but grin to myself. My mom wasn't joining Regina and me for today's magic lesson. She and my dad had planned a weekend getaway months ago before I was taken to Neverland. Even if Henry weren't here, I would stay with Regina anyway, but because of my magic, I didn't want to skip any lessons just because of my parents' weekend getaway. It took so much convincing from Regina and me to let her teach me alone this one time. I understood my mom's concern about Regina teaching me alone, but I didn't think she would teach me anything my mom would disapprove of.

"11 am," I answered Henry, finishing my breakfast. I picked up my plate and brought it over to Henry. "I still can't believe mom is allowing Regina to teach me alone." I paused, handing the plate to Henry. I pulled out the chair and sat in front of him. "I love mom, but I've been practicing fireballs for two and a half weeks. I am ready to learn something new."    

"And you think Regina will teach you something new without mom?" He questioned. I shrugged my shoulders. My eyes fell to the counter as I played with my fingers. "Look, Kal, I think mom is still adjusting to your magic. I don't think she ever except this. None of us did." He paused for a moment, putting his hands on either stand, leaning against the edge of the counter, then tilting his body towards me. "If it weren't for Pan, we wouldn't have even known." He whispered, softly speaking his name.

"But how did he know?" I replied, knowing I would never know the answer. Henry stood up straight and shrugged, then let out a huge sigh. My eyes flickered away. "I'm not like mom," I whispered, getting my brother's attention. I looked at him as I continued. "Regina told me she didn't want to embrace her magic, but I do. What's wrong with that?"

His lips pierced into a grin. "Nothing." A smile appeared on my face staring back at Henry. After a moment, he glanced at his clock again. "Hey, you should probably get going. It's 10:56 am." I sighed and jumped down from the chair. I faced away from Henry and lifted my hand. My palm warmed and began glowing with a bright yellow light. I rotated my hand clockwise three times as a portal opened in Henry's living room.

"Didn't mom tell you not to do that anymore?" He questioned, crossing his arms in front of his chest as a gush of strong wind picked up. I looked back at Henry. "After you sent me to The New Enchanted Forest?"

"It's the only thing I can do that makes my powers different from mom's and Regina's," I told him. "If I get a chance to practice it, I will." I paused for a moment. "Plus, Regina won't care if I shoot out of a portal." I knew how ridiculous that sentence sounded. I wasn't going to shoot out of the portal, literally. I've practiced in the woods at night once my parents go to bed, so I've learned how to land on two feet. "I'll see you later," I said before stepping into the portal...

* * * * * * * * * * *

My feet hit the wet, grassy ground of the graveyard. I smiled looking up at Regina's Vault. I turned and lifted my hand, reversing the rotation three times. Once the portal was gone, a voice spoke up.

"Someone's been praciting portal creating." I spun around and saw Regina now standing in front of me. Her arms crossed in front of her chest. I slammed my lips together as her eyebrow rasied. "I'm assuming Emma doesn't know about that."

"You couldn't blame me for wanting to pracitice something as cool as creating portals." I said, defending myself. Regina chuckled at me. "And I'm always careful when I do it. Who knows. It might come in handy one day." I shrugged. Regina chuckled as I dropped my shoulders.

"Maybe it will." She agreed nodding her head. "But, for now let's do some target pratice." She dropped her arms, then waved her hand. Huffs of Purple smoke appeared behind her. Once they vanished, they left behind six target stands for archery with balls paper hanging in front of them.

"With fireballs?" I questioned as Regina walked towards her. Regina nodded yes. "I thought we could do something different. Without my mom here."

"Emma made me promise I wouldn't teach you anything new without her." Regina told me. I sighed, rolling my eyes. "She's your mother, Kallie. She gets to make the rules here." She turned standing beside me. "Whenever you're ready."

With that, I focused forming a fireball in my hand and hurled it at the target. A smile appeared on my face as I hit it. As I kept hurling fireballs at the targets, I could feel my magic being a part of me. The old me was gone and a new chapter of my life was beginning...

The End.