Chapter Fourteen

K A L L I E ' S P O V

I ran as fast as I could through the forest, hoping to get as far away from the tree house and Peter's campsite. I really didn't know where I was going or where I was when I stopped in my tracks hearing the sound of running footsteps getting closer.

"Kallie!" I heard a familiar voice call from a distance. My heart began pounding again, my breathing heavy as I frantically looked around for a place to hide. I spotted a large bush and dove behind it. I peeked through the bush seeing a pair of feet stop in front of her, followed by two more pairs of feet stopping behind them.

"Where did she go?" One of the lost boys said as I peeked through the bushes. My eyes glanced up seeing Felix, Alex, and Ryder looking around for me.

"I don't know," Ryder said. Afraid they were gonna see me, I slightly moved back, which I quickly realized was a bad idea when something grabbed me from behind, putting their hand over my mouth. Immediately, my whole body froze, my back against their chest.

"Shh." They whispered to me, and my eyes widen knowing exactly who was behind me.

"Let's try to go this way." I heard Felix say, then footsteps running away from my direction. Once they were completely out of sight, I turned around so fast with a smile on my face.

"Henry!" I exclaimed, jumping onto my brother tackling him to the ground. I was so happy to see him and a little worried at the same time.

Did he know Pan wanted his heart?

"How'd you find me?" I asked getting off of him and standing up.

"I thought Pan might have been keeping you in the treehouse." Henry answer standing up too, "It's where I found Wendy last time." He added grinning at me. I grinned back at him, then looked behind him as I asked.

"Where's Mom? And Dad? And Regina?"

"Regina and I split up from Mom and Hook then her and I split up to found you." Henry explained so fast I didn't really completely hear what he said.

"What?" I questioned, but Henry ignored me as he looked around making sure the coast was clear before taking my hand into his. I followed Henry very close behind as we ran off into the woods...

"Herny! Where are we going!?" I asked him after running for a while. Henry stopped suddenly in an open area, looking around, "Henry?" I questioned staring up at him. He stood there for a moment with his back to me, then turned around facing me with a smirk appearing on his face. I stared at him confused.

What was he doing?

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist tighter and pulled me to his chest, making me gasp.

"Henry, what are you doing?" I asked trying to get out of his grip, but he just kept it, tightening his grip, "Ow! You're hurting me!" I yelled at him trying to get him to let go, but he didn't even flinch. His eyes were locked on me as my heart skipped a beat, "Let me go!"

"I don't think so." He finally spoke, revealing a British accent that was all too familiar. My eyes widen realizing this wasn't Henry at all.

"P- Peter Pan?" I questioned, stuttering. He slowly headed his head, "Wh-H-How?" He just chuckled at my question.

"Did you really think you could escape that easily?" He asked rhetorically, leaning closer to my face, "Neverland is my island. No one leaves it without me knowing." He told me in a deep demonic tone, immediately sending shivers down my spine.

He still might look like Henry, but inside Peter Pan was pure evil.

As he was about to wave his hand in front of me, but stopped halfway, quickly turning around, catching... a fireball?

Still standing behind him, I looked past Peter Pan seeing my actual brother, Henry, and Regina.

"Thought you could sneak up on me, huh?" Peter Pan asked holding the fireball in his hand as clear waves appeared around him, transforming him back into his normal self, "Nice try." He added, then crushed the fireball turning it into ash, dropping it on the ground.

"Let her go Pan!" Henry shouted ripping his sword out of his belt loop. Peter Pan glanced back at me like he was debating on letting me go or not.

"No I think I'll keep her a little longer." He replied turning back to them, "She's the key to getting what I want." He added staring directly at my brother. Henry glared at him as Regina said creating another fireball in her hand.

"No way in hell I'm letting that happen again!" Then threw the fireball at Peter Pan, but he quickly snapped his fingers making us both vanish.

*
*
*
*

****